Multi purpose range bag

This is a discussion on Multi purpose range bag within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to get a range bag that I can carry a couple pistols in plus all the stuff you need for the range including ammo. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Multi purpose range bag

Multi purpose range bag

Looking to get a range bag that I can carry a couple pistols in plus all the stuff you need for the range including ammo. What does everyone like? When I go to the range, I usually run all kinds of guns, ie handguns, rifles, shotguns. But I do t necessarily want a huge rolling duffel bag. Anybody have experience with a bag that has good storage compartments keeping organization in mind?

2. Remove Ads

Greghan ... I've used the Midway Competition bag for the last 6 years with excellent results. Very durable ... lots of storage
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

The Midway Competition bag (I have one of each size) is my top choice too.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I use the NRA Handgunner Backpack, but you can find it way cheaper than the NRA's website. I bought mine when they had it on sale.

NRA:
    http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...&p=SA+494&ct=e

Optics Planet - $40 cheaper than NRA:
    GPS Wild About Hunting The Handgunner Backpack Black GPS-1711BP FREE S&H GPS-1711BP. G. Outdoors Products Backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckJM53 View Post
    Greghan ... I've used the Midway Competition bag for the last 6 years with excellent results. Very durable ... lots of storage
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    The Midway Competition bag (I have one of each size) is my top choice too.
    I agree with the above posters.

These bags were on sale recently, as well.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I've always used the Craftsman satchel tool bags. They are heavy duty have multiple pockets and go on sale periodically for about $10.00. I have one for pistols and one for ammo and magazines. They last alot longer than "range bags" that cost a lot more! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by BuckJM53 View Post
    ^^^^^^^ X 2

I just bought this bag a couple weeks ago. Seems to have plenty of pockets and room for ammo and weapons.

OfficerStore: Range Bag, Nylon - TheFireStore

I bought three range bags, none seemed right, until I found the Midway Large.
    Big, sturdy, lots of pockets and nooks, even a place for a water bottle and business card.

Skip all the others, I bought mine for $39. Often on sale. Way better than the price indicates.

The only downside is you'll carry lots and it gets heavy.

Thank you everyone! I just ordered the midway USA competition bag y'all recommended. Can't wait to get it now. It was 63.00 shipped. Cheap if you ask me! Thanks again, I love this forum.

Distinguished Member
    You'll love it. My wife got me one for Christmas or my bday last year, I LOVE IT. Holds just about EVERYTHING I could want to take range wise. One of my favorite things is the center bag that can be taken out separately. It still has mag holders, two zipper compartments and handles - makes perfect for the quick indoor trip I usually make (and don't need ALL things range related). Or on a big outing I can take the whole bag and have it all.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I had a brand new laptop PC bag that I got playing in a golf tournament many years ago and never used. A nice big one with plenty of padded separators inside and separated zipper compartments. And some smaller outer compartments for protective gear, targets, etc. Plenty of room for 6+ hand guns and 12+ boxes of ammo. I've been using it for years and it's great...and was free. I've looked at new bags, but nothing seems to be any better.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Just a quick update. I received the Midway USA bag today and am blown away! I can't believe the amount of room and all the compartments. A very well thought out bag. I got it in the green color and love it. Thank you for the recommendations on it, I'm just trying to figure out how they can possibly make it for only $50!

That's the same bag I bought earlier this year. It's still a great bag. Holding up well. They can sell it for $50 because they charge $21 for shipping. At least that's what I was charged. So, really it is a 71 dollar bag. Still worth it tho.

What are some essential range bag items? I'm trying to fill this thing! So far I have a few mags, just ordered some more to fill the slots. Ears, ar 15 mags, and that's it so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links