Home hide a gun

This is a discussion on Home hide a gun within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tactical Walls website has neat stuff to hide a gun(s) - anyone here know of other more affordable options to hide a handgun in a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Home hide a gun

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Home hide a gun

Tactical Walls website has neat stuff to hide a gun(s) - anyone here know of other more affordable options to hide a handgun in a wall?
    Kennydale likes this.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Tactical Walls website has neat stuff to hide a gun(s) - anyone here know of other more affordable options to hide a handgun in a wall?
    I do woodworking for extra money and make furniture and one of the things I do is ask the customer if they want a hidden panel. I use the same concept as the Safety 1st Magnetic Locking System as a locking mechanism. I am looking for a design I did for shelves that had hidden spots. I will post that when I find them.

veneer2.jpghidden door.jpg
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I have a secure logic invisivault. Pros - it is attractive and you can put your own artwork in it. Place correctly it does in fact just look like a thick frame on the wall with artwork. Very easy to install and very quick to open with the remote control access. Plenty of room and an interior light helps if you should need it at night. Cons - Battery powered, which is not a bad thing it just means you have to periodically charge it. (and don't you know it will always start beeping in the middle of the night) so make sure you mount it somewhat close to a receptacle. It is somewhat loud when opening (you can adjust how fast it slides to the side). I can't remember what I paid for it, but I think you can find them on ebay pretty fairly priced.

As far as Tactical walls, I've only seen one video of the mirror. There are several things I don't like about it. First and foremost, the video I saw it seemed like the guy was having a lot of trouble getting the magnet to work in just the right spot. And it seems like it had to be completely quiet for him to find the right spot to hear the click. Second, the Mirror pulls up. That's taking up an important hand when in a pressure situation, and there appeared to be no catch in the up position. The other thing is that it is "just" a magnet to open. With three kids, this poses a problem for me. I like having a combo and lock. Could you hide the magnet, YES, but are there other magnets that will make it work? don't know. Those are just my first opinions, again, I am no expert just my thoughts.
    ArmyCop likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Where'd ya get your secure logic invisivault?
    For God, Family and Country!

Here is what I have it's the Stack-On IWC-55 Full-Length In-Wall Cabinet - Amazon.com when I bought it it was only $45 but since the gun craze they increased the price. It's good enough to keep curious kids out which is why I got it, but not enough to stop a thief which is why I keep it hidden. I purchased the "Jondal" mirror from IKEA which I think is no longer available but something similar should be available. And a piano hinge from the hardware store, I then super glued some magnets to the cabinet and the mirror...

They also come in medium and small sizes...

Here is the small http://www.amazon.com/Stack-On-IWC-1...s=stack+on+iwc...

And a link to the medium size...http://www.amazon.com/STACK-ON-IWC-2...s=stack+on+iwc
    Last edited by guitarzNgunz; January 13th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i like what guitarzNgunz did. its what im planning on doing if i werent renting a place right now. i would just make my own hidden safe area. not hard at all to put something like that in the wall, and then cover it. i wouldnt use the magnetic thing from the hide a gun things, seems you have to have it just right to activate it.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I just buy used Glocks and M10's that are beaters and hide them around the house. Got a G19 under the sink in the bathroom, a Glock in an empty coffee can in the kitchen, and couple of others stashed in other rooms.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I'm not a fan. IMO the gun should either be on your person or in a safe, not only to keep it secure but so it's right there when you need it, not across the room.
    ShooterGranny and Haywood like this.

Where'd ya get your secure logic invisivault?
    eBay

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    It wouldn't be too hard to build one scratch in an interior wall. A fold down ironing board that is a flush mount would also probably work for at least one long gun. Houses that were built in the 70's and 80's almost always had boxed in areas over top of the kitchen cabinets that are big "dead" spaces could also be fabbed into hidden storage. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I just buy used Glocks and M10's that are beaters and hide them around the house. Got a G19 under the sink in the bathroom, a Glock in an empty coffee can in the kitchen, and couple of others stashed in other rooms.
    Usually have a couple twelve gauges at specific locations. Also in the drawer under the computer usually a revolver.

Easily accessible? How permanent? How handy are you?

Try the Whitey Bulger Safe.......... He also kept a cool million in $$ in his...........

Here are some ideas: in wall hiding place - Google Search

Also the bed and couch bunker are good for a laugh ( it is a bullet protected couches that has a gun safe in it) good for when the inlaws come over ..Hidden Safes and Under Bed Gun Safe : BedBunker Safes

also I like the underdesk holster mounts very PI not hidden per say but a heck of surprise if your are caught with you pants down " oh sure let me get you the cash I keep it in my desk.."22674AVLG2.jpg

I have a Mossberg velcroed to my bedpost with a hooded shirt thrown over it. Wife bought it for me nearly 30 years ago. I bought a smoothbore slug barrel with sights cut it down to 18 1/2 inches ported it put a side saddle on it. The reat of my more exepense guns are in the safe. Plus I keep my EDC in the night stand drawer next to me. If I need more fire power than that I will go to the safe. Also I keep 25 rounds of 00 buck and 25 of slugs in the night stand. I think I can keep them ducking and dodging until I get to the safe if needed.
    NONAME762 and Old Sarge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    i like what guitarzNgunz did.
    Same here, a StackOn Wall Cabinet. It's behind a framed example of (ummm... err.. something) hanging on piano hinges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links