boots

boots

This is a discussion on boots within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this has probably been discussed before, but the search was not fruitful. I'm looking for a pair of boots comfortable enough to wear ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boots

boots

I know this has probably been discussed before, but the search was not fruitful. I'm looking for a pair of boots comfortable enough to wear everyday. Important: keeping my feet dry (from water and sweat), comfort. Not so important: steel toe, style.

If this has been discussed before, please direct me to the proper thread, otherwise, thanks in advance for your input.

In The Store...

or on the I-Net...I'd hit, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, Pro Bass, Rei, and Sears or Penny's could help.
    I would be more inclined to visit in person to 'feel' the exact fit!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

danner boots are well made, i would look for them.

Just a new guy here, so I haven't done a proper search on this subject. But here's my .02 coming from 12 years as an Infantryman in the US Army, and as a current cop. In the army, I used to take plain old well broken in jungle boots and have them resoled with the ripple soles, and found them to be comfortable as hell. I wore nothing but until about 2 years ago, when I got some 5.11 HRTs. They're great, but a little too high up on the leg (sorta like jump boots in height). A friend with the 20th SFG (Nat. Guard) turned me on to Oakley SI's, and I've worn nothing but since. |I have a pair in all black, which I wear in uniform, and a pair in desert tan, which are plain clothes boots. They're comfortable, supporting to both arches and ankles, and not all that heavy (they feel sorta like a hi top sneaker on steroids). The sole has an aggressive pattern that extends onto the sides of the boot, and there is a scuff guard that comes around the toe. MSRP is ridiculous if you go to Oakley's website, but I got both of mine on eBay for $60.00 each....you just gotta look around for them a bit. FYI....I've been wearing both pairs for almost a year and a half daily, with minimal wear on the sole.
    Stay Safe...and always check your six!

Administrator
    I heard the Converse was a decent boot at $100 or thereabouts

Converse C8874 Men's 8" Composite Toe Safety SWAT Boot w/ Side Zipper.

See It Here Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    danner boots are well made, i would look for them.
    I agree. Danner make amazingly durable boots. I strongly recommend Danner and Wolverine boots. I've currently got Wolverine boots, and plan to switch to Danner boots here shortly.
    Beretta 92FS

I second anything from Danner, they make great stuff. Although there are other nice choices as well out there I did pick up some Striker GTX boot's from Danner about a month ago and couldn't be happier with them. Without a doubt the best boot's I've ever owned. Very comfy and dry with the Gortex.

I use them for training as well as just winter wear also. I took 3 training classes the weekend before last and it was about 30 degrees during the day and about 22 degrees or less for my low light class and just had 1 pair of slightly thicker than normal Carrhart socks on and not a single part of my foot was ever cold.

I couldn't believe it because I am use to buying the cheaper stuff and having cold feet when out in the cold. I will never do that again after this pair of boot's.

You can find them here at Bass Pro as well as other places I'm sure.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    check out 5.11 close outs. they have desert tan boots cheap, if you can find your size.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

unless you have to have the "tacticool" stuff, i would suggest looking at light hiking boots like merrell and montrail. about 4 months ago, i bought these made by merrell for REI:
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...P_FOOTWEAR_TOC

they are extremely comfortable, and with a good treatment, they are pretty water repellant.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Bate's Boots

I have worn Bates for years.Tough and comfortable.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Look for all your favorite brands (mine happens to be Chippewa) at Zappos.com.....

If you can't find what you want there, it isn't available.

VIP Member
    Original SWAT.

I've been wearing this model, Classic 6" for the last 4-5 months every day and it is more confortable that any high fallutin's sneaker out there. Great arch support and lighter than anything out there. I just ordered the Air Trainer Low which is a sneaker-type shoe. I need to give the 6"ers a break. Check the specs at Original Swat
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

thanks for all the input. i've had some pretty bad luck lately with boots. they either don't last or just aren't comfortable.

Lead Moderator
    Just a suggestion, if you haven't already...... When you get your next pair of boots go to a good shoe store and have your feet measured.

I was having comfort problems using the same size I'd taken for YEARS. Turned out that at my (old) age my foot had increased by a half size.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    I like my original SWAT side zip boots, pricey though.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links