New gun gadget promises faster, clearer shot

This is a discussion on New gun gadget promises faster, clearer shot within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New gun gadget promises faster, clearer shot | Fox News "The base of the front sight is designed to fill a notch thatís cut out ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By PEF

Thread: New gun gadget promises faster, clearer shot

VIP Member

New gun gadget promises faster, clearer shot

New gun gadget promises faster, clearer shot | Fox News

"The base of the front sight is designed to fill a notch thatís cut out of the bottom of the rear sight, so if your sights arenít aligned you see daylight. There is a white vertical line at the base of the front sight that lines up with a matching vertical line at the base of the rear sight. And the rear sight is equipped with two horizontal lines near the top that line up with the dot on the front sight.

"When lined up, these features are designed to draw attention to the front sight."

Anyone have experience with these sights?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

No experience with the new design. But my shooting experience hints that the more involved I am with the "technology" of my sights, especially my rear sight, the less attention I can pay to my front sight and...my target.
    Kavalander and OlCop like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Saw the article about this at Foxnews.com the other day and after reading the article, I can see where the inventor is going with this. Does it help? I don't know. But for the price, I am considering getting a set and trying them for myself. If I do, I will post an appropriate review/range report.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

I'd like to see a study on this. It seems to me that it would take longer to align as there is more stuff on it.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member
    Sights? We don't need no stinking sights!
    SCXDm9 likes this.

VIP Member
    Will be interesting. Varying iron sights configurations can greatly improve accuracy - just look at peep sights.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I have my sights lined up perfectly for every slow fire shot. My problem was and sometimes still is is the trigger pull. No matter how well you line those sights up, if the trgger pull is off, so will your shot be.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member
    Maybe just another gimmick to spend your money on!

Ask yourself, just when in a real SD situation are you going to REALLY focus on a perfect sight picture, regardless if you have the latest and greatest set of sights that money can buy?

VIP Member
    I might be interested in the tritium option. I like my Tru glow sites on my glocks.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Will be interesting. Varying iron sights configurations can greatly improve accuracy - just look at peep sights.
    Peep sights were the first thing that came into my mind when I read about these new sights.

Peep sights don't complicate the aiming process. Quite the opposite, the eye unconsciously (naturally?) centers objects when viewed through a circle. So peep sights actually require LESS of a thinking process & more of a "reflex". IMHO, the aforementioned new pistol sight design offers no such benefit.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I'd like to see a study on this. It seems to me that it would take longer to align as there is more stuff on it.

Exactly. It IS a great idea but for fast double tap, or Mozambique drill, it HAS to be slower

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I'd buy one if it were not for the dot on the front site... seems to me you are lining up vertical and vertical, horizontal and .... a dot? My mind wants another line. Not a dot.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

Sights are the latest gimmick. Trijicons have always been on my pistols and I am happy with them. I have ordered a set of Speed Sights for my XDs but have yet to have them installed. They will get done next week since I get back to the states on Friday. Stick with what you like and what works for you. Forget the hype and the promises.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Links