Browning Safe-20 years old- need pics and info?

This is a discussion on Browning Safe-20 years old- need pics and info? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all,...I'm new to the site and found out about you all while doing a internet search for info about a Safe I hope to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Browning Safe-20 years old- need pics and info?

Browning Safe-20 years old- need pics and info?

Hello all,...I'm new to the site and found out about you all while doing a internet search for info about a Safe I hope to possibly purchase.
    I dropped in to join your site in the hopes of gathering up info about this Safe as the Fella that has it for sale cannot move it to get me the model number and such and cannot take pics to send me.Of course,..I wont buy anything that I cannot see and this Old Timer is about 3-4 hours away from me.
    He says it is a Pro Steel,Gold Series.He bought it new about 20 years ago,holds 30 guns.Right side of Safe is for long guns and left side has shelves for handguns and such.He says it is in very good condition and works fine.He wants 650.00 for it.I think that is reasonable enough and I'm hoping someone here can help me see what it looks like,get dimensions,weight and learn about any issues and such.If I get past that,I will go take a trip for a looksee.
    Can anybody here offer up any info or pictures of these Safes.
    I have read another post like this one(which is the post that attracted me here) from one of your members who had purchased one like it or smaller and am asking if you guys could show me what your Safes look like so I can get some sort of a idea.
    I appreciate anything you all can share with me,...

2. Remove Ads

ProSteel | Browning Prosteel Gun Safes

Perhaps a call to the folks at PS could help. Tough, though, if you have no S/N M/N information for them. Hard to know how their product lines have changed in 20+ years.
    Blacksheep1 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If you decide to buy this safe have you given any consideration how to move it or load onto a truck? Many here would suggest using a safe moving company.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep1 View Post
    Hello all,...I'm new to the site and found out about you all while doing a internet search for info about a Safe I hope to possibly purchase.
    I dropped in to join your site in the hopes of gathering up info about this Safe as the Fella that has it for sale cannot move it to get me the model number and such and cannot take pics to send me.Of course,..I wont buy anything that I cannot see and this Old Timer is about 3-4 hours away from me.
    He says it is a Pro Steel,Gold Series.He bought it new about 20 years ago,holds 30 guns.Right side of Safe is for long guns and left side has shelves for handguns and such.He says it is in very good condition and works fine.He wants 650.00 for it.I think that is reasonable enough and I'm hoping someone here can help me see what it looks like,get dimensions,weight and learn about any issues and such.If I get past that,I will go take a trip for a looksee.
    Can anybody here offer up any info or pictures of these Safes.
    I have read another post like this one(which is the post that attracted me here) from one of your members who had purchased one like it or smaller and am asking if you guys could show me what your Safes look like so I can get some sort of a idea.
    I appreciate anything you all can share with me,...
    I may have offered a comment on the moving of a safe in a previous thread.
    I watched my son and the installer, both in the 230 pound range, move the safe from the truck to the closet where I wanted it.
    Mine was over 1300 pounds, and was easy when the right equipment was at hand.
    You should be able to rent a truck from U-Haul, or maybe even home depot to travel with.
    If the safe does not need to go up more then two or three steps, you can move it with some rather hefty piano dollies and some scrap plywood or particle board, and about a half dozen pieces of 1 inch pipe.
    With a couple of really good friends, you can make the install easily in an hour.
    Google how to move really heavy rigid items and see if you think you might be up to it.
    Any reputable safe company in your neck of the woods should offer the moving and install service with a rather competitive price. I would think anything in the $200.00 to $250.00 for the move and install would be a bargain!! For me, it surely would!
    As for the safe itself, I would suggest a day trip and make sure it will hold what you want. Just remember, guns seem to multiply without your knowing about it. I bought mine with a number in mind, and found that it was not as large as I thought. Guns seem to multiply like rabbits. Other members can vouch for that as well.
    One other item of interest! Most published measurements are the maximum outside case. You can have anywhere from 4 to 7 inches less inside depending on sidewall and door
    thickness. That is another something to consider. I have one long gun that should have fit, but the floor and top made it just 3/4 of an inch short of what I needed.
    Ask many questions, or call the manufacturer. They want your business in the future.
    Good luck from cloudy, rainy, and 45 degree weather in Lebanon, Oregon. TKH

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I have a Browning safe similar to that only smaller, and I also purchased it about 20 years ago. I'd say that $650 is a pretty reasonable price. I would also suggest hiring out the moving of this safe.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Links