Surefire P2X Fury Defender Flashlight Question

This is a discussion on Surefire P2X Fury Defender Flashlight Question within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to purchase a 500 lumen Surefire LED flashlight - either the P2X Fury Defender or the P2X Fury. The P2X Fury Defender ...

Thread: Surefire P2X Fury Defender Flashlight Question

Surefire P2X Fury Defender Flashlight Question

I am looking to purchase a 500 lumen Surefire LED flashlight - either the P2X Fury Defender or the P2X Fury.

The P2X Fury Defender has a defensive bezel that can be use to scrap/cut the attacker because it has sharp corners/edges and it is a single output of 500 lumens. Has anyone had issues with the TSA going through airport security about the sharp bezel being considered a weapon if the flashlight is in carry on bag?

The P2X Fury has a smooth bezel and a dual light output of 15 lumens and 500 lumens controlled by the tailcap pushbutton switch. I am thinking the dual output feature might be nice to use the 15 lumens for the times when you want to read something in the dark and 500 lumens would be way to bright. You have to push the tailcap pushbutton a couple of extra times to turn on the 500 lumens though.

Does anyone have thoughts that might help me decide which Surefire to buy?

Thanks!
    Train Hard - Be Safe

2. Remove Ads

If you hit anybody with a metal object it is going to cut them, doesn't really matter if the bezel has little sharp edges. The edges of the defender series don't really give you an edge, my opinion. Plus the edges tear up your pockets faster if you EDC it. I carry a Surefire EB2 Backup, it has no defensive edge I've never had a problem with TSA and I pocket carry. Also I have the tactical tailswitch. Push softly get low lumens, push all the way in and get 500 lumens. Under stress I would be pushing all the way in naturally. Pushing the switch is momentary light so you have to hold it. If you want constant on then you have to twist the cap to on.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    just get the one with only one type of on. btw just picked up the new fury 3x. 1000 lumen light its bad A.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I have the SureFire P2x Fury...single 500 output. I wanted it for SD only, and I have other lights to read with...so I wanted only ONE button push to activate the 500 lumens.
    It's a great light!
    I found the best price at Optics Planet...a sponsor on the forum. I saved about $30 going through them.
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/s/p2x-fury
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OP: thanks everyone for your information and thoughts.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I also bought the single output 500 lum p2x fury defender with the strike bezel. Like retsupt, I got it for defense. IMO, it's a really good light for that purpose.
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with strike bezels and the TSA.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Links