Sleeves for Bodyguard grip

This is a discussion on Sleeves for Bodyguard grip within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I have a S&W Bodyguard and am having problems with my mag releasing halfway through a clip of ammo. What I've discovered is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By PJR202

Thread: Sleeves for Bodyguard grip

Sleeves for Bodyguard grip

Hi all,

I have a S&W Bodyguard and am having problems with my mag releasing halfway through a clip of ammo. What I've discovered is that my fingers and so long that when I'm firing rapidly my finger tends to come too far through the trigger guard and it hits the mag release on the other side! It's really frustrating and I've worked on trying to correct the problem, but the grip is just too small. Is there a sleeve you could recommend to make the grip fatter? I'm planning on upgrading to the Shield or the M&P 9c if I can conceal it, but it'll be awhile before I can afford it.

Anywho,

Suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Amazon.com: Extra Long 1.25" Magazine Mounted Garrison Grip Extension for Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380: Sports & Outdoors

I really like these on my gun gives it it a full handgrip also I moddy a houge small grip to fit on mine Amazon.com: Hogue Rubber Grip Handall Jr. Small Size Grip Sleeve: Sports & Outdoors

But I had to cut it a bit a the bottom to fit .. They also have this Amazon.com: Lyman Pachmayr Tactical Caliber Grip Glove for Smith and Wesson Bodyguard: Sports & Outdoors have not used it on this gun but have it on others it is not too bad there is also this Amazon.com: Traction Grip Overlays in black for Smith and Wesson Body Guard 380 pistols: Sports & Outdoors again not used it but from a good company ..

I will posted photos of mine showing it all if you like ...

I really vote for garrsion grip really helps me on handhold

2014-02-15 17.11.04.jpg
    SigIsTheAnswer likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I had the Pachmayr grip on my BG380 I say had because I've since sold my Bodyguard for a Shield 9mm which is much better IMO. I would say do NOT get the Pachmayr because the design sucks. It worked well for making the grip fatter and absorbing some recoil but the cut out for the finger groove would cause the sleeve to wrap itself under the mag well. Then when you'd go to change magazines the grip sleeve would prevent the magazine from being inserted. Other than that flaw it was great but that to me was a huge flaw which could be a fatal one.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered the Hogue. :)

If you need another option later, Talon Grips. I got mine on eBay for $17 shipped. They're custom fit and stick on but are removable without residue. They look and feel great on my Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteProtector View Post
    Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered the Hogue. :)
    Just so you know you may need to cut off parts of it to make it fit ... I know I had to lop off some of the bottom and finger points on mine .. Hey it works ...
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Just so you know you may need to cut off parts of it to make it fit ... I know I had to lop off some of the bottom and finger points on mine .. Hey it works ...
    Thanks, it should be here tomorrow... :)

Links