Finally ordered weapon mounted lights

This is a discussion on Finally ordered weapon mounted lights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I finally broke down the other day and ordered 2 Surefire x300 Ultra lights from LaRue: One for my duty weapon (Sig 229) and ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Chaplain Scott
  • 1 Post By wysh
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Finally ordered weapon mounted lights

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Well, I finally broke down the other day and ordered 2 Surefire x300 Ultra lights from LaRue: One for my duty weapon (Sig 229) and one for my Patrol Rifle (LMT 16" AR). This last Fall (before all the cancer stuff hit) I found myself kneeling behind some flimsy cover, staring down a dark alley with the Patrol Rifle, and remember thinking, "This is no place for shoddy gear."

This order is the result of that night
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I think you will be pleased with your choice.

Surefire makes quality gear.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Light can save your life, well worth it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Awesome !!! I am sure you will like them. I was on the fence for a while about weapon mounted lights, but I said WTH and ordered a streamlight TLR-3..... I couldnt be happier. It has been a great addition to my HD defense gun. they are not the answer to every problem but I think they are very useful... so much so I would rather have the light on my weapon than night sights.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

You will be very pleased. My friend's son service is with a violent crime unit and they all use them. Actually some of them carry an extra one that they turn on and place it somewhere and leave it there as a distraction,
    Bad Bob likes this.

Yep esp if LEO dont go cheep on lights/laser sufire makes good stuff ...

I like them and Feinx for handheld lights ...Course I still like maglight but more for the how you do clubing then the light

And happy to hear you are getting better .. Best wish and good luck...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Also I had the same kind of epithet when I moved out here it can be pitch black at night ( no street lights or any light ..Dark city) so when my walmart special light did not pierce the glum I regarded too ... So yeah light is good the more the better ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Funny how the seriousness of the pucker factor puts things into perspective.

Be interested in hearing a report on your gear sir. Congrats.
    Chaplain Scott and Bad Bob like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Great addition to any pistol, mine is on my Glock-21...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Well, my new lights were waiting for me last night when I got home from work. While watching the "Blue Bloods Marathon" I put one together and slipped it on my Sig 229. During a commercial, I stepped outside and turned it on: WHOA, I am IMPRESSED, that little light illuminated our entire barnyard area. Then after my wife went to bed, I turned off all the lights and used it to "clear" our downstairs. What a little powerhouse!!!

Now I just have to wait on the new duty holster coming from T.Rex Arms..........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links