Question for new mags

Question for new mags

This is a discussion on Question for new mags within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered the P229 Scorpion in 9mm Sunday. I want more than two mags so I looked on Cheaper Than Dirt. I saw the P229 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinot
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: Question for new mags

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar

Question for new mags

Just ordered the P229 Scorpion in 9mm Sunday. I want more than two mags so I looked on Cheaper Than Dirt. I saw the P229 Mags E2. I figured since the Scorpion is designated as an Elite and the E2 would fit the Scorpion. Am I right?

First off CTD why ?!

And what caliber is this ?

I think if it newer and sates E2 the mags should work old mags not so much I would say ...

"s SIG Sauer has slowly begun adopting the E2-style grip system across the P229 model range in 2011—a move similar to what is also happening to the larger P226—they have also begun using the .357 SIG/.40 S&W spec frame dimensions for their factory 9mm P229s, presumably to streamline the number of variations in parts needed to be kept in inventory. Although the manufacturer has announced that older-configuration magazines will continue to operate in the new receiver configuration, SIG Sauer has nonetheless revised new P229 9mm factory magazines to a design that is specific to the resized magazine well of the newly reconfigured receiver/frame. As a consequence, the newer magazines are not back-compatible, due to their larger diameter."

Also I dont know what CTD is charging but midwya USA has the 229 mags factory for 40 bucks plus like 5 bucks shipping and I think still free shiping for over 150 http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=229+mags+

I rather buy from Midway or somethiner other company then CTD. CTD threw us gunners under the bus imop

Good luck
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

From that fact that it takes 15 rounds mags I am near 100% that it is E2 ... Which is not as great as the mags seem to be more and I am not sure if Mecgar makes E2 mags ..

The old ones may work for range use but there seems to be issues with feeding now and then P229 Mag Question - SIG Talk

Yep looks that way

"The Sig Sauer P229 E2 9mm, Sig Sauer M11-A1 and Sig P229 made from late December 2010 now has a wider magwell which is the same a the Sig Sauer P229 .40/.357. For those pistols you need to use a Sig Sauer P229-1 magazine. While these will lock in to place they will have some play in the magwell that may cause reliability issues. These magazines are for the P228 or P229 9mm that have the narrower magwell. "

Mec-Gar Sig Sauer P228, P229 9mm 15 RD blued MGP22815B [MGP22815B] - $22.95 : Greg Cote, LLC
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

OP you are correct and Mecgar makes the mags for Sig. The Sig mags are coated the Mecgar are not.
    SigIsTheAnswer likes this.

Hey thanks guys. Yea I know Wrongrecroom. I read about what they did with taking down online sales and the $99 Pmag fiasco. While I havent forgiven them I was able to get the mags for $40 a piece (ouch) with $6 something in shipping. I just didn't know where else to search and I haven't used Midway before. But since you mentioned them I will start to use them instead. I got me two mags today and an Alien Gear holster for the new family member. Speaking of which, how is the quality of Mecgar mags? I appreciate Wrongredroom and Pinot. Promise that for now one I will check with Midway over CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Hey thanks guys. Yea I know Wrongrecroom. I read about what they did with taking down online sales and the $99 Pmag fiasco. While I havent forgiven them I was able to get the mags for $40 a piece (ouch) with $6 something in shipping. I just didn't know where else to search and I haven't used Midway before. But since you mentioned them I will start to use them instead. I got me two mags today and an Alien Gear holster for the new family member. Speaking of which, how is the quality of Mecgar mags? I appreciate Wrongredroom and Pinot. Promise that for now one I will check with Midway over CTD.
    Also check CDNN as well they will on occasion have great price esp used for some stuff and have free shipping if you buy a certian ammont .. But right now there 229 e2 mags are like 44$ .. I check there now and again

Mecgear makes factory mags for a lot of compaines and for me is the only non factory mags I will used in a lot of guns .. I have only had one gun that did not work in ( A xd ) but I have used them in a bunch of bretta an other guns they are cheep and they tend to work just fine for the most things . I would not have a problem buying them esp as they often give you more rounds on deck then factory mags ..

I only say Midway as they are a very pro 2a company and they have given millions to the NRA and such and they for the most part have never priced gouged .. MidwayUSA Donates $1 Million to NRA | The Truth About Guns

I have order a lot from Midway and it is nice how they let you round up your order a few cents for a donation to the NRA CDNN does the same thing if you want

Sig Sauer P229-1 E2 9mm 15RD magazine - Top Gun Supply I have not had problem with them and shipping seems good but they are out of stock

SIG 229 E2 9mm 15rd Black Factory Mag New is 44 right now but they have free shipping a lot if you check now and then
    SigIsTheAnswer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Also check CDNN as well they will on occasion have great price esp used for some stuff and have free shipping if you buy a certian ammont .. But right now there 229 e2 mags are like 44$ .. I check there now and again

Mecgear makes factory mags for a lot of compaines and for me is the only non factory mags I will used in a lot of guns .. I have only had one gun that did not work in ( A xd ) but I have used them in a bunch of bretta an other guns they are cheep and they tend to work just fine for the most things . I would not have a problem buying them esp as they often give you more rounds on deck then factory mags ..

I only say Midway as they are a very pro 2a company and they have given millions to the NRA and such and they for the most part have never priced gouged .. MidwayUSA Donates $1 Million to NRA | The Truth About Guns

I have order a lot from Midway and it is nice how they let you round up your order a few cents for a donation to the NRA CDNN does the same thing if you want

Sig Sauer P229-1 E2 9mm 15RD magazine - Top Gun Supply I have not had problem with them and shipping seems good but they are out of stock

SIG 229 E2 9mm 15rd Black Factory Mag New is 44 right now but they have free shipping a lot if you check now and then
    WOW! I did not know they did that. That is awesome of Midway. Now lets just hope the NRA doesn't abandon Black Rifle owners. You know how politicians always try to split the Black Rifle owners from hunters. That is lose lose for both sides.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links