GLOCK Question

This is a discussion on GLOCK Question within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Will the Gen 4 30 round mags fit into an original model Glock, a Gen 2, or a Gen 3 model? I am interested. While ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Longstreet
  • 2 Post By sparkykb
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By SigIsTheAnswer

Thread: GLOCK Question

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar

GLOCK Question

Will the Gen 4 30 round mags fit into an original model Glock, a Gen 2, or a Gen 3 model? I am interested. While I love what I have and don't want a glock for EDC I am interested in it for the BOB. The other half has made new weapon buys Verboten since I have already bought the SIG AR, Sig P229 Scorpion and the FN 5.7 since January. But I will eventually get a Glock on the cheap and I can buy accessories. I wanna stock up on 30 rounders. Consider it an investment for the future. Fill me in on what I can get and use across the Glock platform and what to stay away from.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A gen 4 mag can be used in any previous Glock. A Gen 1-3 mag cannot be used in a Gen 4 gun.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

SWEET! Thanks man. I wanna stock up on these mags. Eventually they won't be around anymore. I wanna ensure my family has them when they need them. I don't own a Glock yet but eventually I will. Most likely a Glock 17. Saw a nice one with a Coyote frame. I liked that a lot.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

VIP Member
    If you're just wanting a Glock for BOB purposes be patient when it is time. Great deals on police trade-in guns pop up from time to time.
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

A Glock with an ambi release can use a Gen 3 or Gen 4 mag.
    A Glock with a reversible release that is on the left (factory) side can use any Gen mag.
    A Glock with a reversible release that is on the right (non-factory) side can use only a Gen 4 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    A gen 4 mag can be used in any previous Glock. A Gen 1-3 mag cannot be used in a Gen 4 gun.
    Older mags are fine in Gen 4's if the magazine release hasn't been swapped to the other side.
    ShooterGranny and sammeow like this.

VIP Member
    Thats true too. My way is just morr simple for me to remember.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Can someone give me insight to what BOB stands for?
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Quote Originally Posted by saigaguy View Post
    Can someone give me insight to what BOB stands for?

BOB = bug out bag ?
    SigIsTheAnswer likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Bug Out Bag. Just to have it around in case of emergencies. It will work and there are parts for it everywhere. Plus I like the value of the 33 rnd mags that are sold for it. That is just a great investment in and of itself.

Semper

And OP any glock mag will fit any gen glock but as other said if your mag reles is switch on a gen 4 you can only use gen 4 mags

I have used gen 1-2 mags in a gen 3 19 no problem..

I will add two thing to this I am not sure on the 33 round mags but for some older 17 and 19 mags they will not drop free from the gun.. They are made this way .. I have some older 19 mags that will stay in the gun unless you pull them out ..

Also if the mags say 94 Gov only they are the 1994-2004 ban years but they are legal to own ...

Also you will see korean mags out there for cheep but imop they are good for the range but ...

If you really want firepower they make a 100 round beta mag and a 50 round drum for the glock

Really the only reason you even see 30 round mags or drums for the glock or 92 is that there is full auto version of both and the mags were made for the 18 and 93r...

IMOP if you can find the gen 4 glock mags for ok price get them ... But if not that gen 3 mags are great .. Also since they are cheep now get a 50 round drum mag ... Nice if you have a glock mag AR or rifle
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

1-3 I dont think are fully drop free
    1-4 are all pre 94 ban .. That does not mean much if your in FL
    5-6 are 94 ban
    7 --- on is modern mags

Thanks WrongRecroom. That was enormously helpful
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Semper

Links