Inforce WML

Inforce WML

This is a discussion on Inforce WML within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up the inforce wml and like the simplicity and ease of use when mounting. The only issue i have noticed is a much ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By photoman6
  • 1 Post By mlk18

Thread: Inforce WML

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar

Inforce WML

Just picked up the inforce wml and like the simplicity and ease of use when mounting. The only issue i have noticed is a much louder than normal led "hum". I called their cs and was immediately told to send it in and they would replace it no questions asked. Anyone else have experience with this light or brand?
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I just started using mine but I see them all over the Internet on various AR builds.

Here's mine on my Colt LE6920

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of the WML and a couple of the APL by Inforce. They have slowly been replacing all of my stream light TLR-1s lights, which is saying something. I appreciate not only their simplicity and light output, but their rugged design and build quality. The top-notch customer service is just frosting on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Just picked up the inforce wml and like the simplicity and ease of use when mounting. The only issue i have noticed is a much louder than normal led "hum". I called their cs and was immediately told to send it in and they would replace it no questions asked. Anyone else have experience with this light or brand?
    sorry, cant help you. Have no freaking idea what you're talking about. Klingon?
    Taurahe likes this.

He's referring to magic boxes that makes sun beams flow out in the darkness and the wizards who create them. Seemed pretty easy to follow from where I sit.
    Taurahe likes this.

I have never heard an Light "hum".... is it a catchy tune?
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

They're a local company, and I've had the pleasure of getting to know the owner pretty well over the years. Super nice guy, solid product, and (from what I've heard) great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I have never heard an Light "hum".... is it a catchy tune?
    Then you haven't spent much time around LED's. It' pretty common for them to make a very low hum or whine. Some do some don't, but this inforce made a sound that was audible from about 3-4ft away.

Edit: Didn't mean for that to come out negative in any way. I just mean that if you have a variety of LED's I'm sure one of them will make a low buzz.
    Last edited by IAm_Not_Lost; March 3rd, 2014 at 09:30 AM.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Inforce WML

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Then you haven't spent much time around LED's. It' pretty common for them to make a very low hum or whine. Some do some don't, but this inforce made a sound that was audible from about 3-4ft away.
    Yup that him is the ballast that lights up the LED. It's pretty common with LED's. But audible 3-4 ft away is a bit much. I'd call INFORCE and ask them about getting a replacement. Mine's nowhere near as loud. A barely audible him for mine.

I did call them and they were excellent. Absolutely no run around whatsoever. Really pleased with the CS and I like the light a lot too, very easy setup.

Has anyone spent much time with their handhelds or APL?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been on the fence for a while about replacing the light on my AR with one of the white/IR Inforce WML, and I think that may be my next upgrade.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I'd be interested in hearing who prefers the momentary only version, and who prefers the on/off version.

I'm leaning towards the momentary version, and was curious to know if anyone regrets the purchase.

Mark H.

While I haven't used the Inforce WML yet, in the past I've always preferred lights with an on/off switch to momentary ones. Mostly because there is less chance for my hand to cramp or spasm and it gives me the option to use my weak hand for other tasks if necessary while still being able to provide light.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    One of the nice features of the Surefire x300 ULTRA (apart from the 500 lumens) is that it has BOTH momentary-on and full-on switch........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

The INFORCE select mode system has on off AND momentary. Hold the button down for more than 1 sec and it's momentary. Just clicking it on makes the light stay on. There are two other modes (low and strobe) that I don't use.

Links