Looking For Tac light

Looking For Tac light

This is a discussion on Looking For Tac light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for one to hang in my Glock 17 sould i get the glock made one or a m3 insite or something else this will ...

Thread: Looking For Tac light

Looking For Tac light

Looking for one to hang in my Glock 17 sould i get the glock made one or a m3 insite or something else this will just be for in the bedroom incase i need it ..

Or any other recomendations

I have thought many times about buying a tac light for my Glock if for no other reason than the "coolness factor". I ended up getting a Surefire G-2. It's a super little flashlight. I have read that for self/home defense, a flashlight is superior to a gun mounted light.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Lead Moderator
    M3 and M5 streamlights are nice. Lots of options with Glock pistols.

ordered a g-2 for other use tonight but still want a mount able one anyone know a place with the best price

I'm sort of "building" a dedicated house gun. I have decided on a Sig P220 (rail) with night sights. I will mount two other accessories: SureFire X200 gunlight and a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips. Should be ideal. A lot of this is also for my wife in case of emergency. The Sig P220 will act as backup to my Sig P245 carry piece on vacations. I never go anyplace where there is not full CCW reciprocity.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I'm not a huge fan of mounted lights on pistols, however, if the light is detachable - like the M3 - then you at least have the option of using it either way. But, I like the idea of having a momentary switch on a combat light and not having to point my gun at everything I need to illuminate, so I go with the Surefire's. I carry a Aviator A2 with me everywhere I go.

Like most things gun/self-defense related, there really is no perfect answer. So we do our research, make a choice and then train, train, and train some more with it.

I'm planning on a light for my Colt as well as my Mossberg. Unless I get the dawson or caspian add-on rail just about my only option for the Colt is a Surefire 610R, however if I decide to put a rail on it (not likely) the streamlight M3 or the Surefire X200 would likely be one of my choices, due to the switch setup.

The surefire is more expensive, the lowest price I've found online was about $200, the streamlight can be found for $110 (unkown sites, I found them but googling the M3 and X200). Both are great weaponlights from what I understand, however I hear more reccomendations for surefire products.

If your glock is a first or second generation, I'd recomend a thrid-gen so the light is easy-on and easy-off, unless its a dedicated house gun.

Yeah mine is a gen 3 so its easy on easy off

I just got an Insight/Streamlight M3-X...

125 lumens
    waterproof to 66ft
    optional backing plates for handguns or long guns
    shockproof
    spot to flood beam

It has a nice bright white light....can easily illuminate targets 50 yards away in total darkness. (tested friday night desert shoot)

Easy on/off of my G23 and rail on the AR. Easily illuminates an entire room just shining it on the floor..or bouncing the light off a wall....

lemme take a few pics...
    Brad B.

Forgot to add...it has the same run time as the M3

Brad B.

Lead Moderator
    The M3 seems to work well. I considered a weapon mounted light. But feel a hand held would better suit my needs. Maybe the new Blackhawk lights for my carbine , since they come with a strobe feature.

Sponsored Links