Help me find a good holster folks!

Help me find a good holster folks!

This is a discussion on Help me find a good holster folks! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's the deal: IWB is not working well for me. Ever since I bought a Remora I've had skin issues (rash) with ANYTHING touching my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Help me find a good holster folks!

Question Help me find a good holster folks!

Here's the deal:

IWB is not working well for me. Ever since I bought a Remora I've had skin issues (rash) with ANYTHING touching my right side (between 2 - 4 o'clock). Even with a t-shirt between my skin and the holster, I still get the rash. Other IWB holsters with different fabric, make-up etc. are better, but the rash still comes back (yes I've been to the doctor).

That said, I'd like to go OWB on my belt, but conceal with loose clothing over it. So, it needs to break-up the gun lines to limit printing.

Also, I'd like some sort of retention option as well.

I carry a SIG P2022 in .40 S&W.

So gang - where do I start looking?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I use a milt sparks summer special for SP 2.4 an all j-frames an CZ75 D Compact for 100.00 it will last several lifetimes
    GhostMaker likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Try using an anti-fungal on the rash. Yes, I too once suffered from the dreaded 'Remora rash'.

I was able to get rid of the rash and it hasn't come back so I still go IWB. I still use my Remora on occasion as well - I just make sure I wear an undershirt. My primary holster now is a hybrid from Ozarks Holster Company. I also just ordered a Brommeland Def-Con holster to try OWB; I have heard and read good things, but I have no personal experience yet.

Maybe you just need to let the rash heal completely before trying IWB again?
    mano3 and glockstar like this.

?
    Sig Custom Phantom Modular Holster - Raven Concealment Systems
    Royal Modular Holster
    Concealable outside the waistband holsters and accesories - Under Cover 2010 looks to be what your looking for

sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/5793-need-2022-owb-ccw-holster.html
    mano3 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Find it yourself!!

If I spent hundreds of dollars trying to find one I liked I think you should do the same!!! LOL
    mano3 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Find it yourself!!

If I spents hundreds of dollars trying to find one I liked I think you should do the same!!! LOL
    LOL! THis will be holster #4 for this gun!
    WrongRecroom likes this.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    You're catching up!! Only a few more hundred to go. When all was said and done I ended up spending more on my holster search that I did on the weapon.
    mano3 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post

I have the same issuse .. Most IWB holsters are not comfy for me or easy to draw ( I got to lose a few more pounds ) even though I wear tigher fight pants ( you dont want to see me in baggy pants) .. So most of the time I owb with a shirt or jacekt over it or pocket carry and I do use Remora now and then ...

I am in a ok with OWB/OC state so not a issue ... It is more commfy for me esp when it is 101 out and I dont want to deal with iwb ... Just not my cup of tea plus I know I can draw faster owb then iwb due to the way I drees ( Ie shirt tucked in so having to deal with that
    mano3 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

[QUOTE=WrongRecroom;3156165]?
    Concealable outside the waistband holsters and accesories - Under Cover 2010 looks to be what your looking for

I'm really liking that one!

First buy a few dozen sleeveless tank tops (White) or wife beaters as they are called. Then check out 3Speed holster

3Speed Holster Review

I wear mine from the time i get up, till i go to bed. I wear mine as a AIWB (About 1:30)

SR40C 3-2-2014.jpg20130607_121837a.jpgDSCN4718c.jpgDSCN4719c.jpg
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Be sure to wash your remora every week or two. Dawn dish soap works well.
    Now, since you are carrying a full size pistol you need some nice retention.
    I guess a fanny pack is out of the question.
    Somaybe a paddle style or get a good gun belt and a Crossbreed Snapslide or Superslide.
    CrossBreed Holsters > OWB

There are as many holsters out there, that are stars in the sky. Everyone has gone thru this same dilemma, and you just have to spend $$$ and sort thru what will work for you, and you alone. What works for your neighbor, will probably not work for you. To each his own. And join the rat race, for we all have a drawer full of holsters that we thought were the answer.
    mano3 likes this.

Check out winthrop holsters...I have using a snapper OWB for a while on my M&P 9mm FS and have been very happy with it.
    SIg Sauer 2022 OWB Holster w/Bodyshield

Here is a review I did of my dual snap OWB holster.
    review: Winthrop Holsters Dual Snap OWB
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

My primary carry is in a D.M. Bullard Combat holster with sweat shield. I always wear a t-shirt under it. A heavy t-shirt in the winter and a thin wife-beater in the summer. For carry guns that I infrequently carry like revolvers and Glocks, I have a Bianchi Model 5 Black Widow. One size fits a 2", 4", 6", or 8" revolver. One size fits a full size or compact Glock.

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.
    Bianchi Leather Holsters, Concealment Holsters, Duty Holsters and Duty Gear - Homepage Content
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

A lot of people are well served with a simple pancake-style holster carried just behind the strong-side hip. The pancake design tends to obscure the outline and profile of the weapon while also allowing the cover garment to move over the holstered handgun without snagging or printing. The belt loops or slots fore-and-aft of the handgun help to keep the holstered handgun pulled snugly into the body and also transfer the weight over a broader area of the belt.

Many experienced people use pancake-style holsters exclusively for discreet concealed carry.
    mano3 and Crescentstar like this.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links