Concealed Carry Shirts

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Shirts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I am new to the forum here, but now new to firearms and such. Here is what I am looking for. I am wanting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Shirts

Concealed Carry Shirts

So, I am new to the forum here, but now new to firearms and such.
    Here is what I am looking for. I am wanting to find button down shirts that are accommodating to people for concealed carry.

I really don't like the 5.11 tacticool shirts, as I don't need a shirt that accommodates for shoulder/armpit carry. Nor do I feel like spending $50-70 on a shirt just because it has 5.11 on it.

I am looking for some affordable shirts.

Thanks
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I often wear western style shirts with snaps instead of buttons.
    TVJ, Old Sarge and gatorbait51 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member
    Go to Walmart. Buy a medium to dark colored shirt with a parrern. I get one size larger than normal (I like cotton so it shrinks a little).
    Wear it untucked.
    GWarden, Bad Bob, JDE101 and 6 others like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

if you are just looking for cover garment type shirts, just about any button up or snap front shirt will work, I have a lot of Harley Davidson shirts that are the "Garage" or "Mechanic" type shirts that button or snap up, I also have some "bowling" style shirts like Charlie Sheen wears on 2 1/2 men, hawaian style shirts work also. I could and have carried service sized guns under these shirts and people who know I carry couldn't tell.

Go to local department store (Kohls if you have one, they have 30% off alot and have good selection, fairly cheap) with your carry rig and try some on and see what works for you.
    gatorbait51 and JDE101 like this.

VIP Member
    I find no unique requirements for my shirts. I wear off-the-rack buttoned downs from Kohls.

The only thing I have to watch for is making sure the shirts are "square cut" instead of fitted like some brands tend to be.

Bass Pro has tons of options if you want light weight and quick drying without going "tacticool."
    gatorbait51 likes this.

A good cover shirt does not need to be expensive or even designed to be a cover garment. As mentioned, a simple button down shirt a size larger than normal will almost always work very well, untucked or tucked. If you spend a little time browsing through the racks, you will be surpised with what you can find. Generally, I avoid the really cheap shirts from walmart and the like. I find the material to be thin and transparent. I have good luck finding chaps ralph lauren, tommy hilfiger, lacoste, j crew and other better quality name brand shirts at good will. Also, I think that a worn in shirt attracts the eye less than a new one and is beneficial IMO.

Here is my basic carry dress:
    Dark t shirt tucked in as a base
    button up or loose polo in whatever color I choose
    carry belt
    jeans
    sturdy shoes.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I've never bought a "CCW shirt", and I'm inclined toward the idea that with those you're paying for marketing: it says "CCW" so it's somehow substantially different or better than what you'd find elsewhere.

Maybe that product is out there, but I either haven't found it or am too cheap to invest in it. Since getting my CCDW my wardrobe hasn't really changed at all outside of a new belt and slightly larger pants.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    A good cover shirt does not need to be expensive or even designed to be a cover garment. As mentioned, a simple button down shirt a size larger than normal will almost always work very well, untucked or tucked. If you spend a little time browsing through the racks, you will be surpised with what you can find. Generally, I avoid the really cheap shirts from walmart and the like. I find the material to be thin and transparent. I have good luck finding chaps ralph lauren, tommy hilfiger, lacoste, j crew and other better quality name brand shirts at good will. Also, I think that a worn in shirt attracts the eye less than a new one and is beneficial IMO.

Here is my basic carry dress:
    Dark t shirt tucked in as a base
    button up or loose polo in whatever color I choose
    carry belt
    jeans
    sturdy shoes.
    This

a lot of the CCW clothing is overpriced bunk that many times draws unwanted attention with labels or names..
    As the folks here say patterned slightly large and my favorite snap button shirts (mechanic style) ..

Many moons ago I got my first Harley and was looking at buying a black and orange, Harley emblazed bike cover (didn't have covered storage then) seeing I was so proud of my new acquisition.
    A wise biker told me to go to an no-brand bike shop and buy a no-brand breathable bike cover for 1/2 the price.. I heeded my mentor and did as suggested.
    That Winter 2 Harleys were stolen from the same large parking lot.. mine was still there.. the other 2 bikes had pretty HD covers..

Sometimes advertising what is being hidden beneath is not the root idea of what you were attempting
    CWOUSCG, Old Sarge and JDE101 like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

you might want to try buying a LONG version of whatever size you normally wear as long as it fits loosely and is an untucked shirt.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Concealed Carry Shirts

Hawaiian shirts are great! Here in Vegas there like camo for us old farts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dangerranger and BurgerBoy like this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    I get size larger Faded Glory T-shirts from Walmart.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

My advice is not to buy "carry clothes" that were supposedly designed by someone to be a part of your concealed carry wardrobe. They don't work any better than typical rack garments that cost 1/4 the price. Since you referenced button-down only, a good tuckable holster and a dress shirt properly sized for carry use can make even a gun the size of a Sig P228/229 disappear (in fact, one is doing so as I type this.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links