Trijicon HD on Gen2 G22

This is a discussion on Trijicon HD on Gen2 G22 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Gen 2 G22 a couple of months ago. Over the past few weeks I picked up all new springs for the ...

Thread: Trijicon HD on Gen2 G22

Trijicon HD on Gen2 G22

I picked up a Gen 2 G22 a couple of months ago. Over the past few weeks I picked up all new springs for the slide assembly (will eventually replace lower/frame components). I use all Glock OEM parts (the exception being sights and slide lock/disassemble tabs) as I CC this and shoot with it in GSSF.

For almost a 20 year old pistol, she's in pretty good shape. There is the classic slide peening, but i will get a fine tooth file and smooth that out.

I finally pieced everything together over the weekend and took her shooting yesterday. No surprises here, she functioned without a hiccup.

One of the upgraded/new parts i got are the Trijicon HD NS w/ yellow front. I discovered a slight issue. I shoot low with these sights, definitely not point-of-aim.

How do adjust the sight picture so I can more or less achieve point of aim (within reason, of course...)? My guess is that the front sight is tall, and combined with the large yellow dot, it throws off some initial accuracy.
    Basically, how do I shoot these sights?
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

2. Remove Ads

I believe those sights may be meant to be used by basically covering the target with the dot instead of using the top of the front sight post. Not entirely sure but seems like I may have read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    I believe those sights may be meant to be used by basically covering the target with the dot instead of using the top of the front sight post. Not entirely sure but seems like I may have read that somewhere.
    I believe sparkykb is correct. I haven't read it anywhere but It has been my experience. I'm a 3 Glock owner now, ( 17, 19, and 26), and I have put Trijicon HDs on all 3 of these pistols.

Links