Conceal Carry Pants

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry Pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any of you have any specific brand of pants you find work better with IWB carry? I prefer jeans myself but looking for specific brands ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Conceal Carry Pants

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

Conceal Carry Pants

Any of you have any specific brand of pants you find work better with IWB carry? I prefer jeans myself but looking for specific brands and types of pants others find that work well for them.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

2. Remove Ads

5.11's. They have a couple areas on the waist band that expand as needed. Very comfortable and not real expensive, 50-55 bucks. They make shorts as well, plenty of pockets for stuff. I wear them daily.
    sensei2, fredg53 and soonershoote like this.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Conceal Carry Pants

I'm a cheapy and buy old navy jeans. Buy a size or two big and work great. Just make sure they aren't low ride jeans.

I have a pair of blackhawk very similar to 5.11, like them much but a little tacticool for edc. I usually wear them when in the woods or shooting. Love all the pockets.
    WannabeaCPA and fredg53 like this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    For conceal carry I like either Levis or Old Navy. On Sunday I like Calvin Klein.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

I just wear either Old Navy or American Eagle jeans during the winter and any type of cargo short during summer. I carry IWB throughout the year.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Either Old Navy pants (cuz they are cheap) or A good pair of Wranglers. I don't tend to carry in my slacks for work. IWB ruins them too much for me (slacks I mean)
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

I like my BDU pants because of the side tab take ups, solid colors only. They just look like cargo pants to most people. Duluth "angry beaver" work pants are fantastic and pretty much indestructible. I don't think either of these are to tactikool but you may.
    Wunderneun likes this.

I usually just wear jeans but my wife bought me some cargos from bass pro shops for Christmas and I have been wearing them a lot. The front pockets are nice and big if you like pocket carry and they are super comfortable.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I've worn Levi's since I was a kid. I'm now 72 and retired, so I wear them about 95% of the time. I also have some 5.11 cargo pants and 5.11 shorts, as well as a couple of other brands of cargo shorts for summer wear. Other than the Levi's, the 5.11s are my favorite. The only time I wear anything other than Levi's or 5.11s is an occasional wedding or funeral, and I've even worn black Levi's to funerals before. Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I call 'em my "fat man pants" because, as mentioned above with the 5.11's, a lot of my pants have an elastic or otherwise adjustable area in the waistband. It allows you to tighten or loosen as needed for a good fit. Not added expense and LLBean or Lands End has them. On sale, good pants for $19-39.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denclaste View Post
    I like my BDU pants because of the side tab take ups, solid colors only. They just look like cargo pants to most people. Duluth "angry beaver" work pants are fantastic and pretty much indestructible. I don't think either of these are to tactikool but you may.
    Would like to try some of the Duluth Trading Co pants but concerned about them being too hot in the warmer months. Do their sizes run true?

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedGunner View Post
    I usually just wear jeans but my wife bought me some cargos from bass pro shops for Christmas and I have been wearing them a lot. The front pockets are nice and big if you like pocket carry and they are super comfortable.
    I might have to look at something like that from Bass Pro or Cabelas. I wear BDU pants for work and like having the extra cargo pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    I call 'em my "fat man pants" because, as mentioned above with the 5.11's, a lot of my pants have an elastic or otherwise adjustable area in the waistband. It allows you to tighten or loosen as needed for a good fit. Not added expense and LLBean or Lands End has them. On sale, good pants for $19-39.
    Was looking at some of those on the LL Bean website the other day. I have had some LL Bean stuff in the past and always liked it.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

All of my Pants are, but usually the Cabelas pants.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I usually wear solid color BDU's too. Sometimes jeans, but the loose fit sizing. I hate tight jeans and it's impossible to get a weapon in the waistband if I'm taking up all of the room.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    You should wear skinny jeans, cuz no one will suspect a guy in skinny jeans of ever carrying concealed. I just wear regular jeans myself. But I am interested in the Duluth brand myself.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have tried several and I have two that fill the needs I have, they are Blackhawk and Propper the latter comes by inch in the waist most pants are in 2 in. increment. Other brands do not seem to be as tuff and last as long as these two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links