Kahr magazine loaders

This is a discussion on Kahr magazine loaders within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend who is having problems loading the magazine for his 9mm Kahr CM9. (hand strength wise) Kahr and other manufacturers make a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danv

Thread: Kahr magazine loaders

Kahr magazine loaders

I have a friend who is having problems loading the magazine for his 9mm Kahr CM9. (hand strength wise) Kahr and other manufacturers make a plastic loader. Does anyone have experience with the plastice loaders compared to metal ones?

2. Remove Ads

IMOP just get a lula and be done with it ... It can be used for most guns .. I used the double stack one for 938 mags ..Just need a firm surface ...

So I am not sure what khar makes ... So I cant comment on it ... If it is like a glock loader and cheep I might get one just to have as the glock loader is pretty simly and fast .. But since the lula cover most guns you do get more bang for buck
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

The Up-Lula is easy to use and the most versatile. Two sizes - I think the standard size would work with the Kahr. The main limitation of this loader is that it's much easier to use if the magazine can be supported or braced on a horizontal surface - think table top. The HKS loaders are easier to use without such support, say if you're standing up in the open, but with the HKS, you need the properly sized model. I have five different HKS loaders to use with different guns, but one Up-Lula replaces them all. Cost is about $30 for the Up-Lula, and about $12 for an HKS. If the Kahr is the ONLY gun for which a loader is needed, then an HKS would work just fine.

Both HKS and Up-Lula are made from plastic, which, IMO, is a better material in this application. A metal loader would be more likely to scratch or gouge brass or magazine.

If you have a semi-auto and don't have an UPLuLa you are missing the boat.
    Amazon.com: Butler Creek Lula Loader T1008: Sports & Outdoors

Load and unload a mag in record time.. no problem loading to full magazine capacity with these.. multiple calibers and magazine types with one tool
    Definitely use on table top or other hard surface the first few times.. not I can use in the field on my chest, knee stomach, etc....
    Best thing I have bought in a long long time..!!
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Thanks guys, I'll give him this information. I think he is concerned about plastic not holding up as well as metal. My ruger came with a metal loader. The HKS and the Lula are plastic but I think they should do fine.

we went to a lgs and picked up a Lula. He loves it. I'll have to keep it in mind if I find I need a loader. Thanks for your input.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Links