cleaning kit??

This is a discussion on cleaning kit?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whats a good cleaning kit for my new M&P shield?Want something in a hard case....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: cleaning kit??

cleaning kit??

Whats a good cleaning kit for my new M&P shield?Want something in a hard case.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I just have stuff I've collected over the years that I keep in an old candy tin-box. If you buy a kit, get a cheap one and add to it as you need.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

My cleaning kit out grew th older fishing box, and recently, I bought a larger size fishing box with two swing-up trays having many sections...I can separate all the different size bore brushes, and small parts for the various guns. The bottoms section is large enough to hold the rods, bore cleaning patches, and larger items such as old grips, etc.
    dangerranger and denclaste like this.

mpro 7 cleaning kit

Buy a box and then assemble your own cleaning kit from scratch with the things you need/want.
    USM1976, Fizban and flintlock62 like this.

I bought a cheap kit with a cleaning rod, brushes, and patch loops. I also use toothbrushes to clean my handguns. I store everything in a small tackle box.
    dangerranger and USM1976 like this.

Get a good cleaning rod than everything else you can piece together as you need it. You really only need cotton swabs brushes, nylon an brass, bore bristle brass I use frog lube solvent an clp

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    My son and I both use the Otis cleaning system and several of my LEO friends do also because easy to carry plus I like cleaning breach to barrel and cables make that possible. My son was in the Army and that was what he used in the middle east.

Bore-snake, GP brush in a ziplock bag. Compressed air then some Hoppes #9
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I would just build one around my firearms! Half the stuff that comes in a kit you'll never use. Any kind of box to store it in will do!

I bought a kit in a nice nylon pouch and wound up throwing most of the stuff away. Bore snake, a SS brush, a silicone wile and a bottle of CLP is what I wound up using.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Buy a box and then assemble your own cleaning kit from scratch with the things you need/want.

If you are going to be cleaning a variety of guns, store your supplies in something like this. Holds rods, patches, snakes, cleaning fluids, oil, towels, etc.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-22-...6573/203431526
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

9uc
    I've bought a couple of basic kits and picked up the additional supplies I use piece meal. I keep two kits, the larger is here at the house and occupies the greater part of a four foot long shelf, a second, much smaller in a 7.62 ammo can for carry in the RV.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

The little kit referred to is so limited that, IMO, you'll soon outgrow it. I gotta go with others above using the fishing tackle box. Plenty of separators and shelves for most everything you have and will get over time. A tray for different caliber brushes, bore mops, patches, etc. Different jags and patch-pullers. Misc stuff, oil(s), polish, rag(s) silicone rag, etc. Pretty soon you'll wonder how you originally could've thought you'd make out without it. Big space underneath for the Hoppe's spray cleaner and big stuff. You'll see ....
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I use a military ammo box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links