Glock fiber optic front sight only

This is a discussion on Glock fiber optic front sight only within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ]What are the thoughts on putting a fiber optic sight on the front of your glock and leaving the u shaped back glock? Good mod ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tennjed
  • 2 Post By multistage

Thread: Glock fiber optic front sight only

Glock fiber optic front sight only

]What are the thoughts on putting a fiber optic sight on the front of your glock and leaving the u shaped back glock? Good mod or not? If so what front sight do you recommend? I was thinking of going with a hiviz green with white outline. I have a glock 34 BTW. Also is a front sight tool necessary?
    DingBat likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I put Warrens on my 17. I race it, use a 19 for carry.

I really cannot stand Glock factory sights. I believe they are in cahoots with Trijicon. As soon as I buy another Glock, Trijicons sells another set of sights to me.
    tdave and DingBat like this.

I have the big green HIVIZ with a blacked out factory rear on my 31C.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Would probably throw off your sights. You need to look at sight height on the front and back. However if you have an adjustable rear you should be fine. There are some new talo edition glocks out there that are coming with blacked out rear sights and a red fiber optic front. Im not sure who makes the sights but they are pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennjed View Post
    <snip> Also is a front sight tool necessary?
    Getting out the Glock plastic sight is easy. Grab & twist with pliers. Putting in the new sight requires a socket that will engage a very low bolt head. You can try to modify a regular socket, or you can just buy something like the el-cheapo Wheeler that Midway sells for $4.79. See Wheeler Engineering Screwdriver Bit Glock Front Sight Nut. Use blue Loc-Tite, and get it ONLY on the threads.

John W in SC

I've replaced the cheap Glock sights on my G20 with Dawson adj rear and FO front. Works great, not inexpensive though. They send a front sight tool along with the sight.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    i put a Hi-Viz Green fiber on my G21 a few years ago. IT was ok. it was just a titch taller than the factory sight, but not so much it really affected accuracy. it was great on a bright sunny day. utterly useless in poor light or dark. maybe even worse than stock, as the factory at least had some white paint that showed up kind of in low light. The fiber lasted about a year before i went to tritium. after buying expensive meprolight sight set, and then decided i only wanted the front anyway, i would, today, just buy the "Glow-On" paint advertised here and save some $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by John_W_in_SC View Post
    Getting out the Glock plastic sight is easy. Grab & twist with pliers. Putting in the new sight requires a socket that will engage a very low bolt head. You can try to modify a regular socket, or you can just buy something like the el-cheapo Wheeler that Midway sells for $4.79. See Wheeler Engineering Screwdriver Bit Glock Front Sight Nut. Use blue Loc-Tite, and get it ONLY on the threads.

John W in SC
    the "grab and twist" method does work, but will also mar the heck out of your faxctory front sight, which is fine if you hate it, but if you ever want to return it too original...
    i used a small wood dowel on the inside of the slide to punch the factory sight out. it still damaged the bottom of the sight, a little. but it would go back in, and not look damaged. but if you just hork it out with pliers, it will definately bear scars.
    my Hi-Viz did have the same little hex bolt mentioned above. i happen to be a mechanic so i had a deep well socket that small. but if the "wheeler" thing is ael-cheapo, you can just run the hex as far in with your finger as you can, and use a small pair of locking pliers to grab the hex and tighten it that way too...
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Just buy the glock tool. Don't Bubba your gun.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/handgun-tools/takedown-tools/ultimate-armorer-s-tool-for-glock--prod16724.aspx?ctl00$ucheaderSearch$btnSubmitSearc h=Search
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Links