Gun Lubricant - Mil-Comm TW25B - Opinions?

This is a discussion on Gun Lubricant - Mil-Comm TW25B - Opinions? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to get some input from you fellow SIG snobs, and others out there. What do you guys think of the Mil-Comm TW25B lubricant ...

Thread: Gun Lubricant - Mil-Comm TW25B - Opinions?

Just wanted to get some input from you fellow SIG snobs, and others out there. What do you guys think of the Mil-Comm TW25B lubricant vs. other, more readily available, and cheaper, products?

I bought my first SIG a few months ago, and with it came a sample packet - a little black tube - of TW25B. I had always used Hoppes and CLP Breakfree before.

My personal opinion - For the SIG I like the TW25B better. My gun performs better, I can tell a SIGnificant difference in cycling, and if I apply a light coat on all the interior parts of the gun when I have it down I see a tremendous difference in residue the next time I shoot and clean it versus using the other products. The only problem I have with the TW25B is that I absolutely cannot find it anywhere around here, not the LGS's, and not even at Bass Pro Shops. I haven't checked automotive places, but since it seems to be primarily used as a weapons lubricant I don't imagine they would carry it. Anyone know of any retail chains that seem to carry it?

What are you guys opinions on the subject? Anyone else had this same problem and found an alternative lube that they felt comparable to 25B?

Thanks in advance.

Here ya go:

Amazon.com : Mil-Comm TW25B grease 4 oz tapered tip tube : Hunting Cleaning And Maintenance Products : Sports & Outdoors

Although for my Sig and Beretta I prefer:

Amazon.com: Slip 2000 Extreme Weapons Grease 4oz: Sports & Outdoors

I've never been able to find either in any local store. LGS, Automotive, Big Box sports store, nowhere. Only online.

4 ounces of either should last you a looonnnggg time. A little goes a long way.

Sponsored Links