Glock +2 Insert - hard to believe

This is a discussion on Glock +2 Insert - hard to believe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Purchased my first Baby Glock. Decided I wanted a two-round pinky extension. Went to Midway and ordered three + shipping. Went to put them on ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By aznav
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Djroulette
  • 5 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By grouse
  • 1 Post By flintlock62
  • 2 Post By glockstar
  • 1 Post By 74
  • 1 Post By aznav

Thread: Glock +2 Insert - hard to believe

Distinguished Member

Glock +2 Insert - hard to believe

Purchased my first Baby Glock. Decided I wanted a two-round pinky extension. Went to Midway and ordered three + shipping. Went to put them on today. Strange the base plate insert doesn't seem to fit. Nothing came with the extensions - just in a little baggy. Go to Youtube to figure out how to put them on. The guy on the video says, "Oh, be sure to also purchase the inserts. Learned that one the hard way." Are you kidding me? I go back to the Midway site and nowhere does it say to also purchase the insert. Oh, off to the right, along with a video for Glock instructions, etc. is the insert. The headline says, "Suggested products". No kidding! Shame on me.

To me it's like buying a Glock firearm and somewhere near the bottom right of the page a "suggested product" might be a magazine to go with it.
    grouse, baren and AmmoFan01 like this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I like the Glock platform just fine, but if I wanted a +2 magazine, I would go with the M&Pc.
    Kennydale likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Same thing almost happened to me, but I watched the YouTube videos before I ordered.
    aznav likes this.

I solved the problem all together and just got the next size up gun. Which is what you might of well have done if you are going to make the grip longer.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I bought a + 2 from the Glock store for my 26 & I can only add one extra round but with one up the pipe it gets me 12. Feels great in my hand and stills conceals well. For max concealability I use the 10 round magazines but the extension makes my 26 more flexible and I like that!
    aznav likes this.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I don't understand why they are not sold as one package.
    sparkykb likes this.

You could have just jumped up to the G19 if the grips on the G26 aren't long enough for you.

I solved the problem all together and just got the next size up gun. Which is what you might of well have done if you are going to make the grip longer.
    I like the Glock platform just fine, but if I wanted a +2 magazine, I would go with the M&Pc.
    or a glock 19 or 17 mag or a 30rd glock18mag, heck if your gonna do that you may as well go all out with an extended 600rd glock brand glock clippermag

aznav and ExactlyMyPoint like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yes, he might have. But he didn't. I think he chose the gun he did for a reason.

You can always use larger mags; you can't make the overall gun smaller, if that's what you actually want.
    aznav likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 74 View Post
    Yes, he might have. But he didn't. I think he chose the gun he did for a reason.

You can always use larger mags; you can't make the overall gun smaller, if that's what you actually want.
    Thank you, 74. I'm still waiting for the "learn to shoot the Baby Glock without using your pinky" or "if God wanted a pinky extension..."
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    I have the Pearce base plates with the pinky extension - no extra rounds, but I figure 11 should do for me. You don't need any kind of insert thing with those Pearce base plates. AND, no way could I ever shoot this 26 without a place for my pinky. Period. It shots perfectly with the pinky base plates.

And it carries and conceals just fine.

So there........you other guys.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Purchased my first Baby Glock. Decided I wanted a two-round pinky extension. Went to Midway and ordered three + shipping. Went to put them on today. Strange the base plate insert doesn't seem to fit. Nothing came with the extensions - just in a little baggy. Go to Youtube to figure out how to put them on. The guy on the video says, "Oh, be sure to also purchase the inserts. Learned that one the hard way." Are you kidding me? I go back to the Midway site and nowhere does it say to also purchase the insert. Oh, off to the right, along with a video for Glock instructions, etc. is the insert. The headline says, "Suggested products". No kidding! Shame on me.

To me it's like buying a Glock firearm and somewhere near the bottom right of the page a "suggested product" might be a magazine to go with it.

Here ya go. GlockParts.com - Product Detail - Glock Plus Extension w/ insert - $10.95

I have these & they work great.

Go back to Midway. Look the +2 up again. Look at the "Technical Information."

"Glock Magazine Base Pad, item 968128, requires a Glock Magazine Insert, item 883766"

Glock Mag Base Pad +2 Glock 17 19 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33 34 35

It's pretty clearly listed.
    Last edited by sparkykb; April 18th, 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Links