Where to sell hi-cap mags?

This is a discussion on Where to sell hi-cap mags? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This weekend I was in the process of cleaning out my ammo and gear locker and happened across several Beretta 92 hi-cap mags. Man was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Where to sell hi-cap mags?

This weekend I was in the process of cleaning out my ammo and gear locker and happened across several Beretta 92 hi-cap mags. Man was I tickled, then I remembered that I no longer own my 92fs. Well my next thought was to pass it along to someone in need, (for a fee of course) that could use them. My first idea came from my wife who sells her old purses and shoes on ebay, sounds good, why not give it a try? So, I spend an hour taking pictures and writing the most colorful description in my ability, posted the add, waited a couple hours and checked the listing only to find that it has been pulled. What? Why? Well it seems Ebay has restricted the sales of all high capacity magazines, even though all other gun parts are allowed. My next idea is to put them on Craigslist, I listed them and within an hour they are pulled as well! Why does 5 additional rounds in a handgun put such a scare in some people? My question is, where can one sell these "evil" items without breaking the "rules"? Thanks!

JD
    Administrator
    Well, we do have a classifieds section here and we're pretty pro on the sale of gun parts etc.

Or there's gunbroker.com, armslist, or gunsamerica.com

If you want to sell them here you need to up your post count a little bit.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

VIP Member
    You might want to list in the ad that you will not ship to states that do not allow normal capacity mags such as CA, NY, NJ or MA.
    phreddy and StormRhydr like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Hey Sarge isn't Connecticut one of the can't sell to states like CA-NY-NJ and Taxachusetts?

OP I think you need 25 posts before you can post a for sale ad here. Just 24 more to go. On a good day I knock out 20-25 posts here no sweat.

I have a high cap mag for a Ruger 9mm I haven't had for years. I would trade it for 22 ammo perhaps.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Hey Sarge isn't Connecticut one of the can't sell to states like CA-NY-NJ and Taxachusetts?

OP I think you need 25 posts before you can post a for sale ad here. Just 24 more to go. On a good day I knock out 20-25 posts here no sweat.

I have a high cap mag for a Ruger 9mm I haven't had for years. I would trade it for 22 ammo perhaps.
    I do believe they were banned with their last round of anti-American laws along with modern semi-auto rifles.
    Aceoky likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Try armslist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for your input, those sissy liberals make everything so difficult.
    airslot and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I guess that is why I can never find used 15 rd mags for my G20 on ebay.

I'd suggest selling them in either New York or California.
    Glock2201 and StormRhydr like this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Couple things .. Ebay only allows mags up to 10 rounds .. Backpage or armslist or here is the way to go .. Just dont take checks etc ..

Check if they are pre 1994 mags .. These will sell for a lot of money in MA where you have to have pre 94 mags if over 10 rounds ..

If these are 15 round mags .. They can not be sold to NY/CT/HI and a few others .. But last I looked still legal in NY/CO
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

What is "hi capacity" to you? 15 is really just standard capacity. Are they 20/30?
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Gun show on Forest Pkwy in June. Try there, if you still have them by then.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

If they are pre-ban that means manufactured before either 1998 or 1994 (I would have to look it up) you can sell them to Massachusetts residents at a premium and they would buy them up quickly. Mass gun laws are a Joke but there are loopholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    What is "hi capacity" to you? 15 is really just standard capacity. Are they 20/30?
    If it's a 20/30 rd AR mag that's standard, too!

To me; "high capacity" denotes a higher capacity than the manufacturer originally designed the weapon for. So a 30 round AR magazine is 'standard'. My 13 round Bersa magazine is 'standard'. But my wifes 8 round magazine for her .380 would be 'high capacity' as the gun came with 7 rd mags.

(My $0.02)
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by coorslight View Post
    If they are pre-ban that means manufactured before either 1998 or 1994 (I would have to look it up) you can sell them to Massachusetts residents at a premium and they would buy them up quickly. Mass gun laws are a Joke but there are loopholes.
    It is the same as the Fed AWB ban 1994 .. Made before a that date 1994 legal in MA if you have a LTC-A .. Ditto any guns classed as pre ban ... Only way to own folding stock ar/aks etc in MA if I remember correct ..Pro why you see so many colt SP1 and the other pretty old pre 1989 import ban guns in MA verus the rest of the usa as they are your only options .... Tis nice to have folding stocks and bayo lugs ..

Non glock mags can be tricky to firured pre ban or not ... Last I looked 92 mags are pretty hard as I think only the follow is dif colored on the old ones ...

Glock and most sigs mags are easy or of course guns made pre 94 and not after ...

And yeah in MA legal pre ban mags esp the harder to find ones go for a lot of money ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links