XS sights - Page 2

XS sights

This is a discussion on XS sights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My girlfriend has them on her Tomcat .32. No issues hitting anything within the range of that pistol. When she first bought the pistol, the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XS sights

"Big" dot

My girlfriend has them on her Tomcat .32. No issues hitting anything within the range of that pistol. When she first bought the pistol, the night sight died within a few days. Replaced by Beretta in 10 days or so free, and has worked ever since.

Has anyone tried the standard dot? Any advantage of the big dot over the standard dot or the standard dot over the big dot? Which do you prefer and why?
    Thanks,
    Jim

VIP Member
    The advantage of the big dot is that it is easier/quicker to find. The idea is that you get your front sight on target more quickly because it is so large that you can't miss it.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Wow I lost two of my post to this thread.

First I love the AO Big Dot night sight, but ONLY up front. I believe in the Col Cooper school of thought, that for us over 40 types the front sight helps and when used with a Novak rear sight that has been opened up a bit (Wayne now sells them that way so their not custom) they are awsome.

Yes I have walked with the bear and I saw my sights. I do not belief that you wont see your sights, as I know many who have. I firmly believe it is a level of training and shooting unsighted happens.

There are many out there that teach unsighted shooting (some call it instinctive) but when you read the writings of the folks who perfected it to an art, they practiced that art for hours each day (SWAT magazine has a great article on that this month).

With all that said, AO Big Dots have a awsome place in handguns, and if I could put one up front on my duty weapon it would be there. As for my personal weapons, those that dont have them will be enroute to Novak for them.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I have the standard dot on my carry gun ( XD-SUB ). The tritium is bright and they do give a very fast flash sight pitcher. I like then so much that I'm getting a set for my H&K P2000SK.

Nothing begins, and nothing ends, That is not paid with moan; For we are born in others pain And perish in our own.

I mounted XS Ghost-Ring sights on my Remington 870 12 ga. They help a lot at longer ranges. XS makes good stuff.

VIP Member
    Got the on my Marlin guide gun in 45-70 and @ 150 yards in it is spot on and great for my old eyes. Got the Big Dots 24/7 ordered and in the mail for my CZ RAMI.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links