Mag carrier for Sig 229-1 mags

This is a discussion on Mag carrier for Sig 229-1 mags within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a dual mag carrier for the Sig 229-1 double stack mags. I was loooking at a fobus paddle carrier for double ...

Thread: Mag carrier for Sig 229-1 mags

Mag carrier for Sig 229-1 mags

I am looking for a dual mag carrier for the Sig 229-1 double stack mags. I was loooking at a fobus paddle carrier for double stacks, but it did not say that the Sig 229-1 mags would fit in it. It did say it was made for glocks, HK, and other handguns, but nothing for a Sig double stack mags. I was wondering if anyone here has the fobus double stack mag carrier and if the Sig 229-1 mags would fit.

I looked at the Sig store and Sig has a double stak mag carrier for $20, but the shipping was $15. I would rather just go to the store and buy one for $20 than pay $35 after shipping.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

2. Remove Ads

Check out the double stack, double mag carriers from Uncle Mikes. Should be about $25. Also Blade-Tech makes a cheaper, injection molded line of mag carriers very similar to UM, for about the same price. Both should be available on-line, and there's a good chance that your LGS will have the UM.

Distinguished Member
    Any double stack will fit the 229-1....they are not that different than the previous mags.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

For my money Comp-Tac makes some of the better mag holsters you'll find. The only time I really ever get anything else is if I order a custom Kydex rig and just want matching magazine holsters.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    The Fobus double mag carrier DOESN'T hold the 229-1 mags securely. I know cuz I have it. It will hold Beretta PX4 mags and Glock mags perfectly but the 229-1 are loose and will fall out if you run hard with them in.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    You probably won't want to spend the money, but an option (which I am going to do) is to go to a local saddle-maker and have them make me a nice leather mag holder for my Sig 229.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    The Fobus double mag carrier DOESN'T hold the 229-1 mags securely. I know cuz I have it. It will hold Beretta PX4 mags and Glock mags perfectly but the 229-1 are loose and will fall out if you run hard with them in.
    Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Links