New Inexpensive Light

This is a discussion on New Inexpensive Light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Walking through Sam's Club this evening I ran across an item that I couldn't pass up, even with the objections of the wife as to ...

Thread: New Inexpensive Light

New Inexpensive Light

Walking through Sam's Club this evening I ran across an item that I couldn't pass up, even with the objections of the wife as to how many flashlights I already have.

It is an Element 3 watt or 80 Lumen led. It takes 3 AAA batteries, a Luxeon III led, aluminum case and weighs 6.1 oz with batteries. It measures 5 1/2 inches long.

It says it is supposed to last for up to 20 hrs, (we will see about that) on a set of batteries and the led is supposed to last 100,000 hrs.

The best thing about it was that they were sold in pairs of two for 29 bucks.

For a cheap, but powerful led I just couldn't pass it up, we will just have to see if it was really a good deal.
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (167.2 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (228.1 KB, 40 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (413.8 KB, 63 views)
    Last edited by farronwolf; January 16th, 2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

wow, really lights up that room! Nice find! Im sure it will serve you well!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

I've had a couple of these for several months now and they are really nice lights. I gave one to my wife to keep in her truck and have one in my desk at work. I really need to keep my eye on the one at work since it seems everybody wants to "borrow" it.

I hope I can find them in our local Sams Club again. I'd like to get a few more for presents.

Sounds like a great light if it is durable enough . As a driver I have bought a boatload of lights, only to find they were not made for constant /everyday action . I use surefire,the cost is out of wack but balanced aganist constant replacements it works. Last week I ran over it (dum dora) with my big rig and two trailers went back and found it still on tiretracks and all with a cracked lens. surefire replaced lens at no cost . now that's what I'm talking about.
    It is not wrong to be Right
    An apeaser is a man who hopes that the crocidle eats him last

That's great to see. I ordered an Essential Gear (eGear) one with the same specs (3-Watt LED, 80 lumens, etc.). I live quite aways away from, well, anything... So I have to wait for the mail. Good to see what it will probably do when it gets here, though. The main difference between the one I ordered and the one you have is that yours takes AAA's and this one takes the lithium batteries like Surefires. (Kinda wish it would take the AAA's, they're cheaper. lol) Oh well. Thanks for posting the pics!

Cheers.

Links