Train fire in KY time to Bug Out!

This is a discussion on Train fire in KY time to Bug Out! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The train derailment and fire in Kentucky is exactly what I have in mind for the Bug out Bag I have packed. I do not ...

Thread: Train fire in KY time to Bug Out!

Train fire in KY time to Bug Out!

The train derailment and fire in Kentucky is exactly what I have in mind for the Bug out Bag I have packed. I do not plan to use it for survival in the woods after the SHTF. I have it packed with stuff I will need if I need to get out of my house and stay out for up to a week. You never know when a train or truck will flip over and you will be required to leave and put up at a motel or friends house. There are a lot of other reasons for bugging out too.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

2. Remove Ads

This is what I will use a bug out bag for as well. There is a fairly heavily traveled set ot train tracks that cuts right through our town and I have thought about this very situation many times.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Do some research about what goes by you on your local interstates. Where I live, we have certain chemicals that are shipped on the interstate that require an entire county evacuation or worse if spilled. It is amazing what we actually come near on almost a daily basis. A firfighter friend once told me this "If you ever smell almonds, you are allready dead."
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

me
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Do some research about what goes by you on your local interstates. Where I live, we have certain chemicals that are shipped on the interstate that require an entire county evacuation or worse if spilled. It is amazing what we actually come near on almost a daily basis. A firfighter friend once told me this "If you ever smell almonds, you are allready dead."
    Want me to scare you even more? The federal government is not required to placard all of their tractor trailors or trains. So even those of us in the fire department may pull up to what looks like an "Innocent box trailor fire" and get real dead real quick. Some of these trains carry Radioactive waste and are not plackarded. Gosh I hate how the government writes themselves out of following the laws everyone else has to follow for "Security Purposes"
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

My Bug Out Bag...

includes: Plastic cover for the windows and doors...and plenty of food and ammo...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Always learning from this site. I have RR tracks in my backyard.. Guess i need to get a "bag" together..........

Links