Recover Tactical Beretta grip and rail

This is a discussion on Recover Tactical Beretta grip and rail within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yay? Nay? Recover Beretta Grip and Rail Does it take away from the beauty of the 92 or make it more attractive?...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By DingBat
  • 1 Post By elmacgyver0
  • 1 Post By Taurahe

Thread: Recover Tactical Beretta grip and rail

Yay? Nay?

Recover Beretta Grip and Rail

Does it take away from the beauty of the 92 or make it more attractive?

Cmon folks! 77 views and......................nothin! Help me out people! Has anyone purchased/installed one of these on their 1911?

Installation

Distinguished Member
    Could affect holster selection due to the enlarged frame and trigger guard. Probably wouldn't fit my Kydex hybrid, or my Desantis OWB pankake which makes it a no for mine. Shame though, looks like a decent rail solution. Though if my 92 were to go full time for home defense, I'd take a look at it.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Thanks....From the Q&A section for the 1911s, it appears holsters are either available or in development.....I would assume there would be compatibles for the 92 as well....Ive yet to see a list of the other kydex manufacturers.

Question: Will my gun fit in a standard holster with the CC3 grip and rail attached?
    Answer: We have met with Fobus and tested the Fobus 1911 w/ rail EMC holster and found that it worked perfectly with a Recover and a gun light attached to your 1911. There are other holsters available as well, and we curently in negotiations with a number of kydex manufactureres who want to offer holsters as well.

Distinguished Member
    After a second look, I know I wouldn't want it. Too much of a chance for dirt and grit to get between the grip and the frame, especially if I were to carry it . Repeated removal for a good cleaning would likely wear out the threads. And if one small piece of grit gets stuck in the grip, it's going to rub a spot on the frame.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

my concern would be durability. Especially for any sort of a carry gun. I can see the plastic fatigueing and becoming an issue.

If it's only for bedstand use I can see it being a reasonable option. I have seen them in the cheaper then dirt magazine for a bit now, but this is the first I have heard of one for a beretta 92.

I think if I wanted a light on a non-rail gun I would install one of the lights that clamps to the trigger guard before on of these things.

of course those trigger guard clamp lights would face the same, if not more restrictive, holster issues.

so, either option would be ok for a bedstand gun, if you want to EDC a gun with a light, save your pennies and get a dedicated rail gun.

...or I just found the surefire MR-11 ....

61.jpg

here's the el-cheapo trigger guard clamp light

Amazon.com : NcStar Led Flashlight for Trigger Guard Mount (APFS) : Sporting Optic Mounts : Sports & Outdoors
    orangeman79 and Ianthin like this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Looks dorky to me, but if you like it your the one who counts.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Those things are a silly answer to a question no one has asked. If you want to waste 50 bucks, send me a money order and I will be glad to help you out. However, if you like it give it a shot.
    denclaste likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    I carry 1911's because they are inherently slimmer. Why would I want to them into a fat hog? Its your 92 so do what you wish. Yes, to me, it destroys the beautiful lines of the 92 and looks like you went all mall ninja.

Sponsored Links