gear ( boot ) review , not ccw related

This is a discussion on gear ( boot ) review , not ccw related within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some know Colorado and some of the USA has found winter this year . SWMBO ( that would be She Who Must Be Obeyed ...

Thread: gear ( boot ) review , not ccw related

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

gear ( boot ) review , not ccw related

As some know Colorado and some of the USA has found winter this year . SWMBO ( that would be She Who Must Be Obeyed , or the wife for others ) and I just gifted each other with " warm footware " since our boots were getting kinda worn out . We both can wear Rocky brand boots so we went with the same model which is http://www.rockyboots.com/webapp/wcs...7674&langId=-1

Now folks this set of boots is serious warm , in the last couple of days i have had them on and i honestly cannot tell by my feet if i am at the house in my house shoes , or standing on snow and ice for 4 to 6 hours . The boots come up higher than any others i wear so i notice the tops of them , but other than that they feel like a pair of well worn tennis shoes , as rockys should and do .

I have owned warm boots in the past , but never a set as light and comfortable as this set . Pure ice you will slip a bit , but if there is any " grit " even light snow on the ice they wont let you down , and to top it all off they are not " sock eaters " ( you who have worn them will know what a sock eater is lol ) .

Anyway if you need a set of walking type work or hunting boots i will suggest you give them a try .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I'm always on the lookout for functional stuff, and that tip just went into the library.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Rocky Boots are made here in Ohio, and tend to be well worth the money. A year or two back they got a big part of the contract for the new boots that go with the Army's ACU program. they are pretty hard to beat as far as work boots go.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    I've had great luck with Rocky boots. I have their chukka's for summer, some zipper para-trooper style for my "extra" duties, and a warm toasty pair for winter. They have replaced the more expensive brand that I really like as well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links