5.11 Tactical pants....I get it now - Page 2

5.11 Tactical pants....I get it now

This is a discussion on 5.11 Tactical pants....I get it now within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig As I mentioned....5.11s are designed by feds and thankfully issued to most of us. I love them puppies and they are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post

As I mentioned....5.11s are designed by feds and thankfully issued to most of us. I love them puppies and they are the most comfortable britches I've worn, just dont wear them out in public as their right up there with being made with photographer vest and fanny packs.
    I think I'll try a pair, but why would the average Joe know the difference between these and Cargos?

Quote Originally Posted by tj1231 View Post
    I think I'll try a pair, but why would the average Joe know the difference between these and Cargos?
    The pockets arew distinctive and the right rear carbiner strap sticks out. The average Joe ... maybe not. But to a criminal or another Permit holder I'd assume gun.

Heck, they make me more comfortable. Saw a couple guys at the state fair this year in 5.11's and told my dad they werre carrying. HE didn't believe me so we followed them. One guy leaned a little far and the barest print was visible. strong side. holster also peeked out under cover garment (long dark colored T-shirt.)
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    The reason its easy to be made wearing 5.11s is like plbalark said, those who carry for a living have prob been issued them or bought them to look like those who've been issued them. The most requested item by local officers when they attend federal training is 5.11 pants. Add to that most bad guys watch what cops wear like a hawk so to spot them easily and its just like waving a flag. In a crowd when doing diginitary protective details, photographer vest, fanny packs and 5.11 pants are like a guarentee visit by a member by the detail or atleeast a bump a touch. Dont believe me, next time the pres shows up in your town, go to greet him wearing 5.11s a photographer vest and fanny pack. I will promiss you that you'll get individual attention and if not personally pulled aside and talked to you be "bumped" by someone while your in the crowd.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Administrator
    If I want attention, I'll wear a dishdasha or a kameez. That makes the pres. security detail give ya plenty of attention.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I just bought a pair of the shorts to check them out. I like to pocket carry and I swear I could pocket carry my P 95 in those front pockets. They are huge. I am going to have to buy a bunch for this summer. As to being made, I haven't seen any news reports of guys being shot for wearing vests, fanny packs or 5.11 pants. And I don't get around the President much. So I don't think I'll worry getting made because I am wearing 5.11 shorts.

sportsmansguide.com has them for about $20.00. They also have a decent return policy, too. I just received my early fall hunting clothes from ala 5.11 digital camo vest and pants.
    America should have license to carry "children" laws...

Mooo

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "I can now really see why people like them so much."

You're right they are great.
    I wear them all the time...not to bed though.
    A++
    "Only hits count."
    Jeff Cooper

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links