Defensive Carry banner

I Guess We All Got It Wrong

3K views 34 replies 30 participants last post by  incredipete 
#1 ·

Ebay Auction Click Here

On Jan-24-07 at 15:25:38 PST, seller added the following information:

To answer your inquiries... it is my personal opinion and that of many others in law enforcement that, if you are involved in a shooting, you should immediately... dis-arm the subject, secure him & his weapon (any way you can), re-holster your weapon, display your CCW badge in plain sight and render assistance to the downed subject.

The first thing responding officers need to know immediately is "Who is friend and who is foe". The best way to survive a shooting AFTER a shooting, is to make it clear to those responding, that you are NOT A THREAT... demonstrating that you are law abiding, licensed & trained in firearms and NOT just an "armed suspect standing over an innocent victim with a gun in his hand".

Displaying your CCW badge, just might save your life!

See less See more
#28 ·
I have a friend who wants to arrest everyone with one of those CCW badges for impersonating an officer.....

Sheesh, if I want a badge I'll apply to be a reserve deputy.

I'm happy that eBay displayed what is, IMHO, good judgment.

Michael

#31 · (Edited)
#32 ·
I just don't get why people would think that this is a good idea.

Surely they have noticed that every other badge worn is issued or approved by the government.

Some of those CCW badges look way to similar to actual agency badges.

And to think, NIC refused my request to make and ship an "Anti Terrorist Death Squad" badge to me in Iraq.

#33 ·
Agreed Joker.

A wiser choice for those concerned toward this might be to hole punch in the corner ones laminated CCW license and wear that around the neck via a cheap chain or string.
Or invest in a clear see through ID carrier and holepunch that to be worn around the neck via a chain along with their drivers license.

- Janq

#35 ·
I just got my Kansas license, and someone got me one of the badges as a "congrats for getting your license" gift. I really haven't decided what to do with it, yet.

Maybe i can get my girlfriend to wear it along with some cuffs and a billy club...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.