How to carry a Surefire 6P? - Page 2

How to carry a Surefire 6P?

This is a discussion on How to carry a Surefire 6P? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Blackeagle I couldn't agree more. I've been carrying a flashlight for a couple of months now, and it's probably my most used ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I've been carrying a flashlight for a couple of months now, and it's probably my most used piece of EDC gear.

The Coast Tac Torch was a great flashlight for all that utility stuff, but for a tactical situation, I wanted something that put out a little more light. When I saw the price on the 6P at the gun shop, I had to pick it up. It definitely puts out a lot more light, but it means trading away a lot of battery life and relying on an incandescent bulb. For a situation where I know I'll need to use a flashlight for a while (camping, power outage, etc.) I'll probably go with the Tac Torch, since the batteries are cheaper and they last a lot longer. For a nighttime confrontation, the Surefire is definitely the way to go. Now that it's dark out, I've had a chance to play around with it a bit more. The amount of light that it puts out is just incredible, and it can really reach out and illuminate at a distance.

Of course, what I'd really like is a light than do both: last a long time on low power and provide high power illumination. Something like a Night-Ops Gladius or a Surefire A2. Unfortunately, they're both way out of my price range at the moment.
    Yeah, it's too bad we can't "have our cake and eat it too!"

But if you use your Xenon bulbed flashlight sparingly (hence the word FLASHlight) your batts should last you longer than you think. I change batts in my G2 about every other month and the E2e about every 6 months. Funny...the E2e actually gets more shine time than the G2 does! I guess because the G2 "throws" more than the E2e, it uses more juice.

And a pretty reliable source told me that the Blackhawk Gladius is junk - pure and simple!

I too have been scouring the web trying to find a holster for my 6P that fits my needs. I want a left hand, bezel down, canted draw holster that can be removed from my belt with out having to unlace the belt.

At this point Kydex or leather, I don't give a rat's a$$! The best looking thing I've seen in Kydex is the BLADE TECH. But at almost $30, plus I would have to purchase there "roto attachment", (for the cant I want), for another $10. Now we're up to $40 for a little Kydex holster!

On the leather side there this; AKJ, which has a more pleasing price tag.

Hope this is some help to you. Good luck!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I recently got the Galco "M.F.P." like I said in a post a few days ago. Well, I've worn it for the past week and I gotta say...I've bought and sold Galco leather over the years, and this little pouch is without a shadow of a doubt, the ABSOLUTE BEST PIECE OF GEAR GALCO HAS EVER MADE!!!
    If you can get one - DO IT!!! It is top-notch!

Could you please post a link?I could not find it on their website.On second thought a pic would be even better.

I'll try...I'm kinda "photo challenged" but I'll see what I can do.

I know JUST enough about computers to be dangerous!

I'll be damned! It worked!

Like I said...I absolutely L-O-V-E this pouch!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Don't get GED started on lights. I used to think it was a little silly to carry a light all the time as a civillian. But, after reading enough on his posts on another forum, I decided to dig through the old sea bag and pull out the G2. I was hooked. Next I was off buying the E2e. I hope he doesn't find a new favorite light, because he is pretty dang good at convincing me to buy them.
    Hey Echo four...I just got a new favorite!

A SureFire G3! It's basically a polymer SureFire 9P.

God I love this light!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links