Bellyband

This is a discussion on Bellyband within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here use one? What do you think?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellyband

Bellyband

Does anyone here use one? What do you think?

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Hi Adrian - good to see you back here again.

I bought one ages ago and in the end found it awkward. Mainly because trying to use it down low as I wanted - it kept riding up!!! So - it was comfortable in itself but not with it's changing position.

Mine was black - but must say if it was skin toned then I'd try it as some folks do as a chest band. I think that could work well. I guess the black would be OK under a real dark shirt but nothing light in color.

fed_wif_a_sig is a great exponent of the UC Comfort BTW - this was a page on it a while back

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...7&postcount=29
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Theyy work well with lighter guns like my 442...I weat mine when I don't feel like putting on a belt and they are great for sweat pants....if you wear a shirt out, you can even wear it over your pants....mostly I use mine for quick trips....

I would be using it with my 642 which should be comfy.

I used one for a while but only until I found a real holster that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    I used one for a while but only until I found a real holster that I liked.
    90% of my leather is custom, but it does not suit 100% of my needs. When I bike, run, hike the high ride and capability the multi position bellyband give is more appealing. I guess that is why I have several different holsters for most of my weapons.

There is a use for belly bands but I didn't care for the one I had.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    There is a use for belly bands but I didn't care for the one I had.
    Roger That!

I have a galco belly band. I like it when I wear it but to be honest I don't wear it often now because I really prefer OWB to IWB carry. I am going to try to wear it more this summer when OWB is more difficult.

pax
    I ordinarily wear an IWB in appendix position, but wear a bellyband occasionally. When I wear a bellyband, I also wear a ladies' tube top underneath it -- the tube top is exactly the right size & shape to cushion my skin from the itchy corners.

Ordinarily I just position the bellyband to put the gun right into the usual spot where I would be carrying it via IWB (eg, in the appendix position). Sometimes I position it higher on the torso and up under my left arm, as if I were wearing a shoulder holster.

With a female body shape I've got another option not open to guys: I occasionally position the bellyband to carry the gun centered in the area just beneath my bosom. This works surprisingly well but you do have to have some cleavage, a blousy shirt, and a relatively flat stomach to carry it off.

Generally speaking I really love the bellyband. My biggest difficulty with it has been fighting the temptation to position the gun in places where it would be difficult or impossible to get to in a hurry. I really recommend anyone who uses such a non-standard gun toting method practice for a bit with an unloaded gun and the exact outfit they will be wearing, to be completely certain they can get to the gun if they need it.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    I ordinarily wear an IWB in appendix position, but wear a bellyband occasionally. When I wear a bellyband, I also wear a ladies' tube top underneath it -- the tube top is exactly the right size & shape to cushion my skin from the itchy corners.

Ordinarily I just position the bellyband to put the gun right into the usual spot where I would be carrying it via IWB (eg, in the appendix position). Sometimes I position it higher on the torso and up under my left arm, as if I were wearing a shoulder holster.

With a female body shape I've got another option not open to guys: I occasionally position the bellyband to carry the gun centered in the area just beneath my bosom. This works surprisingly well but you do have to have some cleavage, a blousy shirt, and a relatively flat stomach to carry it off.

Generally speaking I really love the bellyband. My biggest difficulty with it has been fighting the temptation to position the gun in places where it would be difficult or impossible to get to in a hurry. I really recommend anyone who uses such a non-standard gun toting method practice for a bit with an unloaded gun and the exact outfit they will be wearing, to be completely certain they can get to the gun if they need it.

pax
    You know this post just got me to thinking about a new angle. If I start wearing a tube top then no one will ever look at the gun on my hip.

Just kiding, I do appreciate your input.

VIP Member
    I have one of the old Bianchi Ranger bellybands. I've used it maybe three or four times; usually if I wore sweatpants. I never really warmed up to it. I prefer using a quality IWB or OWB holster. I detest (but still sometimes use) a fanny pack; I'd prefer to use a bellyband than a fanny pack frankly.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

A belly band was my first carry "holster".

It concealed well, but the gun shifted around too easily.

Biggest problem I had with it is that the constant pressure all around my midsection gave me a nasty case of IBS (no, I'm not joking ).

VIP Member
    I wear the Ace Case bellyband holster with all my main carry guns, and I wear it low around the hips with the gun positioned at the 4-5 o'clock area, under my jeans. It is positioned where a gun would be carried IWB. Comfy, easy to conceal, easy to draw from. Since I'm curvy and the band is a wide tube, I wear it in more of a cone shape and cut off the excess velcro so it doesn't bite, and I resewed the edges.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Rarely

The only time I wear a bellyband is when I go to a wedding with a suit on. I know that I could conceal a weapon in an OWB holster by simply keeping my suit jacket on. However, my wife being the cold blooded person that she is, always needs to wear my jacket once we get inside the hall. So I wear a belly bend under my button down shirt. Should I need to draw in a hurry, then I will be needing a new shirt.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links