Tactical Walls?

Tactical Walls?

This is a discussion on Tactical Walls? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody bought one of these before? Tactical Walls Seems like an interesting idea. Basically it's a mirror or a picture covering a concealed place ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tactical Walls?

Tactical Walls?

Has anybody bought one of these before? Tactical Walls

Seems like an interesting idea. Basically it's a mirror or a picture covering a concealed place for your firearms. You cut it into the drywall and use the mirror or whatever to cover it. Concealing in plain sight.

I thought about getting a small one downstairs for my carry guns and a large full size one for an AR, a Shotty and few pistols.

I have a little one on the way and my wife actually sent me the link for this company.

What the wife wants, the wife gets!
    ANGLICO and 357and40 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Kutz's Avatar
    Interesting . Update us on how it works out.
    A Wolf does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep.
    USMC Gunny, NRA Life Member, VFW
    If you don't know what your doing, Don't.

I build my own, but I've heard the Tactical Wall brand is pretty good.

I plan to get a couple of these when my wife and I get our first non-rented house. They are a little pricey, though. I may have to take a page out of Czombie's book and build my own. :)
    Czombie likes this.

Administrator
    How is this a concealed carry issue? Moved.
    "Just blame Sixto"

ooooh boy, TACTICAL!!!!!!!
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    I plan to get a couple of these when my wife and I get our first non-rented house. They are a little pricey, though. I may have to take a page out of Czombie's book and build my own. :)
    Should be easy enough to do. I would think a recessed medicine cabinet and framed mirror could be modified to work. As for use with kids, I think it isn't the best idea. While it may be hidden, kids are inquisitive and resourceful. If they get the slightest hint something is hidden in the room, they will find it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thankfully, i have no plans to have kids, nor does my wife. We're 36 and 36, respectively, and have a slew of nephews and friends' kids to spoil.

One such nephew will be shooting his first shots with my P22 in one or two weeks.

I have seen lots of clocks, mirrors, and picture frames that conceal something inside. So much so that when I see a thick frame its the first thing I think of. But recessed into the wall is interesting. I could not do that in my house, My wife moves things around too often. But the shelves are interesting. Only a couple screw holes in the wall. I'm not sure Id try hiding guns from kids though. Most are smart about the things they see, and would quickly catch on. DR
    ShooterGranny likes this.

I have seen them on facebook. Very cool concepts and I just wish I had the skills to execute on what they can deliver...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    While it may be hidden, kids are inquisitive and resourceful. If they get the slightest hint something is hidden in the room, they will find it.
    You can take THAT piece of wisdom to the bank.

And not only kids - criminals also read about those things and a lot of them don't even need "a hint".

Lock, lock, lock.
    archer51, RickyD and dangerranger like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

fine if you do not have under 18 in your home
    or a cleaning lady
    or work people...plumbers, painters ( just one to tell his friends what he saw)

however, I do have some mirrors set up such that they reflect around corners
    if you know where to stand/look. and my attic fan remote bounces off of 2
    pictures hung just proper so I can turn it off/on from my bed. (dats lazy...)

so, ya, easy to say that I'm a fan of tactical stuff
    You plug 'em, I plant 'em
    -----------------
    ...kid can't read at 17 (Garcia/Hunter 1985)
    ----------------
    Lack of preparation on your part does not necessarily constitute an emergency on mine

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I have a patent pending on a tactical toilet. It has a total of 85 inches of KeyMod, MLOK, or Picatinny rail space. It is made out of black anodized titanium with flat dark earth Magpul seat cover and flush lever. There is an Eotech holographic reflex aiming system for male users that projects a 65 MOA red aiming ring with a 1 MOA center dot. Sound baffles for the tank are made by AAC and make flushing so quiet it actually absorbs outside noise.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Its a good idea

VIP Member
    I just about spit my tea out when I saw the title of this thread.

Honestly, you may fool the crackhead breaking in looking for something to grab and run. But it's not going to fool "real" criminals. I keep a gun close by for my normal sitting spots in the house. When I leave for an overnight or longer trip, they go in the safe.

Going to this expense for something that isn't going to fool an experienced criminal is not an effective use of money.
    RickyD and ShooterGranny like this.
    Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

And God came down and gave unto John Moses Browning the divine knowledge of the perfect handgun. Amen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links