Speedloaders vs. Strips - Page 2

Speedloaders vs. Strips

This is a discussion on Speedloaders vs. Strips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So do you just pluck out your rounds and insert in the cylinder? Or is the plastic pliable enough and spaced out correctly to insert ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So do you just pluck out your rounds and insert in the cylinder? Or is the plastic pliable enough and spaced out correctly to insert two rounds at a time in the cylinder from the strip?
    You insert two rounds at a time, insert two rounds into the chambers and lift the strip away. Slower than a speedloader but still faster than carrying six loose rounds out of you pocket.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

JD
    Administrator
    I'll have to pick some up, but seeing as how I only carry my 642 in the winter as a pocket gun, I have plenty of room for a speed loader or two in the other coat pocket.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I carry both. Right now I'm slumming and threw a snubbie in an ankle rig (Renegade) and two speed strips in a Glaco COP ankle nag pouch. In the pocket of my leather jacket are two speed loaders, but on occasion I take off the jacket when I reach my destination or when the temp gets high I'll stuff the jacket into a saddle bag so the strips are there.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

speed loader for sure

I keep a speedloader in the car, and one by the bed. I keep a speed strip in my back pocket, (which also goes by the bed at night) very comfortably. I also think the speedloaders are faster, but I don't like the bulk on me. I already have too much junk in my pockets and on my belt.
    Two of my favorite responses:
    "What is it about gun control laws that makes you feel safe?"
    "For the same reason I always wear my seatbelt."

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I'm not sure what being or not being a cop has to do with it. If you have emptied your gun and need to reload I suspect that you'll want that reload fairly quick. The BG isn't going to say to himself "Oh, this guy isn't a cop... I'll give him five more seconds."

When I carried a revolver I went with the speed strips. A speed loader was almost more difficult to conceal than the firearm itself.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Two speed strips in my back pocket for me; although I need to get faster with them.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    When I carry my 442, 2 speed strips in my strong side rear pocket. Speed loaders are just too bulky for concealment, for me. I live in S. California. Coat weather is fairly short. When wearing a coat, I'll put my speed loaders in a coat pocket & still have the speed strips in my pants pocket.

You have to practice with them. They're not going to be as quick as a speed loader, but you can be pretty quick with them.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Back in the day ... LOL I carryed a speedloader strong side jacket pocket ( read cover garmet here ) , and then a couple of speedstrips . Loaders are clunky but will weight a garmet where it will " swing out " for a draw , strips are slow as christ's second comeing but conceal well and beat hell out of a pocket full of loose ammo .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I use both. For pocket carry, the strips are best. Steve48

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links