Removing Tension Screws on Mitch Rosen EXP-ARG, Glock 26

This is a discussion on Removing Tension Screws on Mitch Rosen EXP-ARG, Glock 26 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a used Mitch Rosen EXP-ARG, Glock 26 on ebay for $41, bidding when up at the end. Prior to my bidding on ...

Thread: Removing Tension Screws on Mitch Rosen EXP-ARG, Glock 26

I recently purchased a used Mitch Rosen EXP-ARG, Glock 26 on ebay for $41, bidding when up at the end.

Prior to my bidding on this holster, I contacted Mitch about ordering a separate belt loop and they told me it would be about $20 and $3 to ship. Great, I will try and win the holster.

Well, I recieved the holster, but I am having the most trouble trying to remove the belt loop. The screw are really locked in, when I move the screw, the rivet moves also.

So I contacted Mitch again, they suggested, that if I can not remove the belt loop, (no suggestion on how to provided), I could send the holster and they would do it, but they would have to charge me $12 for return shipping. So I will need to pay an extra $9, if I can not get the belt loop off.

Any suggestions?

ARG back.JPGARG Front.JPG
    If you served, thank you for your service.

If you did not serve, you are most very welcome.

Using a pair of pliers or a clamp to hold the rivet while unscrewing may do it, but of course you're like to scratch/dent/etc the rivet, but Rosen should be able to toss in a couple new rivets for you when they send you the new belt loop.
    Here at the rock, we have just 3 simple rules...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I was just about to post, yes, I used a very small set of needle nose pliers to get underneath the rivet to hold it in place and un-screw the screw, save me $9. I did end up scratching the rivets, but does not need to be pretty, after all, it is a concealment holster.
    The holster came with a 1.5 loop, unfortunately, I have been using a 1.25 belt for over 16 years.

Still a great deal, $41 for holster, ($90 New from Mitch Rosen, plus shipping). Belt Loop, $23, Total Cost: $64.

Thanks for your comments.
    If you served, thank you for your service.

If you did not serve, you are most very welcome.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links