Sling Carry for a Tactical Shotgun

This is a discussion on Sling Carry for a Tactical Shotgun within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a Mossberg 500 JIC Cruiser (see attached pic, or go to: http://www.mossberg.com/products/def...ction=products ), a pistol grip pump action 12 gauge shotgun with an ...

Thread: Sling Carry for a Tactical Shotgun

Sling Carry for a Tactical Shotgun

Just got a Mossberg 500 JIC Cruiser (see attached pic, or go to: http://www.mossberg.com/products/def...ction=products), a pistol grip pump action 12 gauge shotgun with an 18.5" barrel.

I have to patrol a large rural piece of property I'm working on to check gates, equipment, trespassers, etc. Sometimes I'm on a 4-wheeler, sometimes on foot and I would like an effective, easy-access way to carry this shotgun on my person, not on the 4-wheeler.

I've thought about some sort of sling, but I need something that is very secure during travel across rugged terrain, but still very accessible when needed.

I also carry either a Glock .40 or a Ruger .45 at 3:00 in an OWB paddle holster, and need to make sure that the method of carry I use for the shotgun does not interfere with my pistol.

I have had a lot of trouble with trespassing thieves and vandals, so I have taken a more active role in the protection of my property and investment. I have been working with local law enforcement (state police, game wardens, etc.), but their resources and time are limited.

Any suggestions on a good carry method would be most helpful.

(Moderators, if this is posted in the wrong place, please move to the appropriate location)

Thanks all,

ccWV
    Attached Images
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Well, there's no sling swivels on that model in the pics, so thats problem number 1, you'll need to add a swivel on the barrel and the mag tube, and a new grips that will have a sling mounting point on in, check out:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/tacstar/index.htm

Lead Moderator
    A v tac sling might work. It tightens up similar to a Alice pack strap. Vehicle mount is gonna be much more secure and comfortable however.
    I have seen plates that mount between the grip and receiver for sling mounts too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Maybe try and find one that attaches to a pack, I don't think I would want one slung on me while riding an atv. I would be to afraid it would get caught up in something.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links