Lights and other gear

This is a discussion on Lights and other gear within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for some input for a compact rail mount light for my new PT145. I currently have a Surefire G2 that I carry on my ...

Thread: Lights and other gear

Lights and other gear

Looking for some input for a compact rail mount light for my new PT145. I currently have a Surefire G2 that I carry on my side, but I'd like to get a compact light for when it's on my night stand and not on my hip.

Also, I'm looking for a combo mag/light holder for when I'm out and about.

Thanks
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

If guns cause crime, then pens cause illiteracy

Rock Island Armory 1911 compact tactical, Ruger GP 100, Glock 27

2. Remove Ads

As far as a rail light goes, I would LOVE to have a SureFire X200...but alas, they are in the $200 range! I see and hear great things about the Streamlight TL-1 and it's around 100 bucks!

As far as a combo mag/light pouch, look no further than Galco Gunleather! They make a nifty little paddle pouch in their "Cop Series" line of gunleather called the "M.F.P." I own one, and it is absolutely, HANDS DOWN, they best piece of Galco leather that I own! It carries a single magazine and a SureFire 6P/G2 in a lens up position, has a paddle back attachment, and it even has a little hole in the bottom of the flashlight side to keep the tailcap from being accidentally pressed. Like I said - it's my favorite - BAR NONE!

If kydex/carbon fiber is more your thing, Blackhawk makes a line of gear called "CQC" - Close Quarters Concealment. They make a single mag pouch and a flashlight carrier that both can be clipped on the belt by themselves, or the belt clip can be removed to reveal a picatinny type of rail that can be slid onto their "Dual rail accessory platform" to create a mag/flashlight combo. You can get the accessory rail platform in either belt loop OR paddle style. The mag pouch comes in single stack for the 1911 fans and staggered types that fit Glock 9mm/40 mags and smaller (Beretta, Sig, Smith, etc) but NOT the BIG Glocks (10mm/.45).

The flashlight carrier fits the SureFire 6P/G2 (and similar) in the lens up position and has a recessed bottom (that actually works!) to keep the tailcap from being pressed...AWESOME gear!

So there you have it! My 2 suggestions for a mag/light combo...and I must say - Kudos to you for realizing the importance of a good tactical light...so many go without one when they really should invest in one.

I really like the M3X from Insight Technologies. They also have the M6X which incorporates a laser sight.

125 lumens, adjustable bezel, momentary/constant on switches, ambidextrous controls. Waterproof to 66 feet (in case you carry your weapon while scuba diving).

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I would go with the Surefire X200 if you can afford it. Otherwise the Streamlight TLR-1 is where its at. :D
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by huntermedic View Post
    Also, I'm looking for a combo mag/light holder for when I'm out and about.

Thanks
    You mean like this... This is my latest project and was looking for the same thing. Let me know if your interested in one!

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links