surefire G2?

surefire G2?

This is a discussion on surefire G2? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does this one have the momentarily click on button on the end of it?I have a brinkman that uses 2 cr123 batteries and is pretty ...

Thread: surefire G2?

surefire G2?

Does this one have the momentarily click on button on the end of it?I have a brinkman that uses 2 cr123 batteries and is pretty bright,is this one as bright?I am looking for a new small carry light that can be carried in a shirt pocket.I am a security guard that works in a trucking company yard and need a light bright enough to look in a 53 foot long trailer at night.Thanks a lot. sj

Not Sure Of The G2...But My SureFire E2e...

uses 2 of the 3v (sf123)...and it WILL light the backend of an enclosed trailer...I love mine!
    The battery life seem to go on forever and I use it quite a bit...supossed to be about 90 continous minutes?...I've been carrying around a couple extra batteries for what seems like a long time...still tickin' though...and it does have the momentary 'click' or twist to stay on...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As Ret says, it has the momentarily on/off, or the twist on for continuos use. Normal bulb is like 60-65 lumens for 60 minutes, or a replacement can be ahd thats 120 for 20 minutes. The normal one is plenty bright for me, haven't tried it in a semi- trailer, but i assume it would work. I found one for a little over 30 bucks too, one heckuva deal.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Well,I just ordered a G2 from Lighthound for $32.99,seemed cheap enough to me to give it a try,don't know if it will be any better than my 20 dollar brinkman,just have to wait and see,oh well,I needed another one for a spare anyway.sj

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Well,I just ordered a G2 from Lighthound for $32.99,seemed cheap enough to me to give it a try,don't know if it will be any better than my 20 dollar brinkman,just have to wait and see,oh well,I needed another one for a spare anyway.sj

The G2 will out perform the Brinkman easily, it's a great light. I think you will be surprised for the money.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    The G2 is a great light, but you will have to get a small holder to put on your belt and you have to twist the bottom for it to stay on. The E2E has a clip attachment and click on-off button on the bottom.

But they are both great lights.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

G2 is a fine light at a good price point. I keep one in the truck.
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

I have 2 G2's and a 6P on order (to replace my "stolen" 6P) BUT...If you really wanna light up that trailer - go for the SureFire G3! I got one about a month ago, and I gotta tell ya...besides my EDC light (SureFire E2e), the G3 is my favorite! It's just STUPID bright, man! It's my duty light that's always on my belt (along with the E2e clipped inside my left front pocket). I paid $50 for mine - worth every penny!

My buddy John at www.lighthound.com will hook you up!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I just got a 6p brand new out of the door for $35.00 and it is a hell of a flashlight. I don't think you can go wrong with any Surefire.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

So the bulb will only last 60 minutes? Are they expensive to replace? I'm new to this high tech flash light stuff. I'm still using my Boy Scout light.

M2
    No, the batteries will only last 60 minutes. I have a G2 with a 120-lumen bulb attached to the end of my Mossy Persuader. I also have numerous Brinkmans stored around the house and in my cars. Both are excellent flashlights and the only reason I have the G2 on my tactical shotgun is that I feel the metal casing is a bit more sturdy and that I found the 120-lumen bulb for about $20 at a gun show. It is just a bit brighter than the Brinkman...

Cheers! M2

thanks for clarifying that

Run time is 60 minutes on new batteries, not bulb life. The e2 as suggested is nice...I have one. A little smaller but just as nice is the
    e1. Look at ebay for the best prices. I have found you can usually go up a model for the same price as retail one model below. Surefire will not disappoint if you are willing to spend a little money.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I carry an E2D (E2E with a 'strike bezel') as my EDC, it goes with me everywhere but in the shower (but it could given that its waterproof!). Milspec aluminum coating; it's landed on the floor more than once during a 'forcible ejection' at work, and there's no scratches anywhere.

It has an advertised burn time of 75 minutes. Now, while that may sound like a short time, in reality I was clicking the thing on and off the whole first week I had it, the first two batteries lasted two weeks of habitual playing with it.

Surefire makes a great light for the money, no question.
    PAX IN BELLO

Links