HID Searchlight

This is a discussion on HID Searchlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in need of a very bright flashlight ( actually I just want one ) Does anybody have any experience with an AE Powerlight ...

Thread: HID Searchlight

HID Searchlight

I am in need of a very bright flashlight ( actually I just want one ) Does anybody have any experience with an AE Powerlight 24 watt HID Light. ? Or any other recommendations in the same price range. Under 400 Dollars.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

2. Remove Ads

I've seen an AE powerlight and they are AWESOME!!!! Since I can't afford a $400 light I got a 'Power on Board' HID from Sams Club for $99 plus tax. For the $400 price range the AE light would be your best bet.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

HID searchlight. I don't know the brand that you are talking about,but try Cabela's 500 lumen rechargable for $129.99 or this www.blackbearflashlights.com
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. Its like the car headlights that are blueish. My HID will light up trees at over a mile away. While blackbears borealis is an awesome light and is perfect for intended purposes, it just won't throw as far as an HID with a bigger reflector. I had a G&P Scorpion R500 (same as Cabela's 500 lumen light) and would go with the Borealis before that. Deffinately a better brighter product.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Clipse...what kind of light do you have. I want to light up trees a mile away!!!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    Clipse...what kind of light do you have. I want to light up trees a mile away!!!!!!
    I can't even shoot that far?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Its a 'Power On Board' brand HID from Sams Club. It is a rebranded version of this light.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Links