Any one use the maxpedition jumbo? - Page 3

Any one use the maxpedition jumbo?

This is a discussion on Any one use the maxpedition jumbo? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read a few reports about the Fatboy and the only concern was that the carry strap may be too short for someone 5' 10" ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've read a few reports about the Fatboy and the only concern was that the carry strap may be too short for someone 5' 10" or taller.
    Also, after looking at the Maxpedition catalog, a right and left version may be different because of the cell phone pouch. I would like to have Maxpedition resolve this for me. Also the main compartment buckle is about half the size of the Jumbo version.
    I would suggest getting the short and long malice clips for modular attachments.
    My Jumbo Versipack was a very good purchase. I am very happy with the quality and value.
    -Tin Bender-

"Forgive your enemies , but never forget their names."
    ----J.F.K.----

Oh...I didn't know any of that. Of course, as my wife is 5'3" tall, that doesn't seem like a problem. Does the smaller buckle work better or worse for anyone?

I'll bet the buckle is really no issue or Maxpedition would resolve any issues as such. Just personal preference.
    Your wife may want to look at the THERMITE VERSIPACK by Maxpedition. It is a waist carry OR a shoulder carry. From what I can see you would be wise to purchase a padded strap with it. This will probably be one of my next toys.
    Maxpeditions web site has some terrific pictures of their customers and various usages. I especially enjoy seeing our troops using these products. Take a look.

www.maxpedition.com
    -Tin Bender-

----J.F.K.----

Thanks. I already purchased the Fatboy, so we'll see how that works before I buy a Thermite. Let me know how you like it when you get yours.

Thermite is out of my plans.
    It has no provision for CARRY .
    I've used my JUMBO for three days in this North Texas Town and no one even looked. It appears like a tool belt over the shoulder.
    I'm getting it rigged out with my gear.
    Today I got my FENIX P3D light. AWSOME Light!
    The Jumbo or the Fat Boy will work for anyone.
    This is really gonna cost me. LoL
    -Tin Bender-

----J.F.K.----

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Bender View Post
    Thermite is out of my plans.
    It has no provision for CARRY .
    I've used my JUMBO for three days in this North Texas Town and no one even looked. It appears like a tool belt over the shoulder.
    I'm getting it rigged out with my gear.
    Today I got my FENIX P3D light. AWSOME Light!
    The Jumbo or the Fat Boy will work for anyone.
    This is really gonna cost me. LoL
    look on their new products page ... theyre coming out with a clip in strap extender / pouch :-)
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Purchased the versipack, seemed too small. Bought the JUMBO for myself, give the little woman the other one. Both are like new..
    except for the missing tags.She hasn't touched hers,,probably forgot about it.

I thought that I would use mine (black) alot, but this hasn't been the case. Neat pockets and zippers..but even after adding the cell phone pouch..it just lays in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Thanks. I already purchased the Fatboy, so we'll see how that works before I buy a Thermite. Let me know how you like it when you get yours.
    Post a review when you get it please.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

I'm on a work trip and I have been using my Jumbo daily...its a great bag, i've had a few people including an airline captain and a few CBP officers ask me where I got it and how much. I got a lil static from the guys at work about carrying a "man purse"...they just don't get it though.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Tell the GUY'S at work to look at the Guest Photos at

www.maxpedition.com

I'm sure OUR GUY'S at work in the Sand Box would love to have a piece of that action. I now have the Jumbo , the Fatboy , and the Neatfreak. By far the Jumbo is the best value IMO.
    Thanks and look at the photos at Maxpedition.
    -Tin Bender-

----J.F.K.----

Wink +1!

Quote Originally Posted by HnKuspDude View Post
    I just ordered one...the Jumbo versipack. I plan on using it while commuting on my mountain bike to and from work. Hope I like it...lol
    Love my Jumbo Versipack! I have it stuffed with emergency medical supplies to the TRAUMA level and a spot for a full sized USP 45 + 3 loaded mags and another 50 rd box. So that's a possible 87 rounds of "on hand" vermin repellant. One in the pipe, 36 in loaded mags and 50 in the box. OR I could slide a Sig Blackwater with 5 fully loaded 9mm + 1 in the pipe and a box of spare ammo for lessee....something like 125 rds of happiness?
    Last edited by ExSoldier; June 10th, 2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wow...thats a lot, amazing that all that fits. I've had mine for a few weeks now, and I'm using it on my trip, used it to carry stuff onboard my flights up here...had several people in the aiports ask me where I got the bag. I had a book, ipod, hand cleaner, wallet, sunglasses and a water bottle. Here lately, i've been keepin a water bottle, ipod, sunglasses, digital camera, Kershaw knife, cell phone, S&W J frame, one speed loader and other misc items....love the bag!! My buddys at work teased me at work when it showed up....called it my "man-purse"..lol
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Wink Man Purse?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    I thought that I would use mine (black) alot, but this hasn't been the case. Neat pockets and zippers..but even after adding the cell phone pouch..it just lays in the corner.
    I keep mine in the car 24/7. However that's in the capacity of an emergency medical bag. I leave no firearms or ammo in the bag when it's in my car. It would switch roles to a real BOB in the event of a real bugout...or if we went on an out of state trip.

Forget the manpurse concept and ask any infantry officer if he's ever carried paperwork (class stuff from IOBC or IOAC) or real maps in a OD Green Map Case? Aka the infamous "***-bag" from the days of yore when men were men and giants walked the earth.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links