Holster and scope ideas

This is a discussion on Holster and scope ideas within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchase a Beretta U22 Neos [URL="http://www.beretta.com/product/product_pistols_main.htp"] for plinking and use while hunting. I would like to find a belt holster for open carry ...

Thread: Holster and scope ideas

Holster and scope ideas

I recently purchase a Beretta U22 Neos [URL="http://www.beretta.com/product/product_pistols_main.htp"] for plinking and use while hunting. I would like to find a belt holster for open carry of this pistol. I have checked Galco, Bianchi and a few others with no luck.
    I would also like to find a scope or other enhanced targeting aid; I have never scoped a pistol; any good ideas? Am I crazy?
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I've got a Neos, just for plinking, and I went to EBay and got a "cheap" red dot scope for it. I'd never used a red dot before and it was fun and interesting.

As to holsters, can't help, never seen one for it.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Rick,
    I haven't shot it yet; can't wait. I have a Smith .22 6 shooter that I have carried since I was 12 (40 years) and found it handy when the odd vamint came calling. This pistol looks like something out of Star Trek, the price sure was right. I spend a fair amount of time at the range and would like something a little less expensive to shoot.
    What brand red dot did you get?
    I greatly appreciate your advice!
    Thanks,
    Matt

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stokes View Post
    Rick,
    I haven't shot it yet; can't wait. I have a Smith .22 6 shooter that I have carried since I was 12 (40 years) and found it handy when the odd vamint came calling. This pistol looks like something out of Star Trek, the price sure was right. I spend a fair amount of time at the range and would like something a little less expensive to shoot.
    What brand red dot did you get?
    I greatly appreciate your advice!
    Thanks,
    Matt
    Matt,

Like I said I've had fun with mine. I had wanted the 6" barrel, but because of a new Maryland law at the time it came out I ended up with the 4" barrel. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll just buy a 6" and have two.

Now to the red dot.......... This is almost embarrassing but I just went up to the shooting box to check, and it's SO off brand there is NO name on it anyplace!! The only thing marked on the scope is "1x40 RD". It has three knobs, elevation, windage and the on/off know that also controls the brightness of the dot from 1 to 7. Wish I could tell you more. Like I said I got it on EBay, I think I only paid about $30 - 40 for it.
    Rick

Thanks Rick,
    I am going to Cabellas and see what they have. I'll bring the gun to assure fit.
    I took care of the holster issue yesterday, talked with Mike Harlow and he is going to make me one. What a nice guy! made me laugh so hard I considered a tip. He is going to borrow a U22 from a local gun shop and build it custom with my initials and a mag holder for a little over $125.00.
    It should be awesome!
    Matt

Lead Moderator
    The scope fit shouldn't be a problem since the rail on top of the barrel is a standard one.

When you get the holster don't forget to take some pictures and post them here!
    Rick

Lead Moderator
    Make sure you have a cut out on the holster for a scope/ dot to fit too. I cut up a cheap nylon holster to fit a dot on my Buckmark pistol.
    shooting with a dot/scope on a pistol is fun, BUT you will have it sighted in for 1 distance. any closer/ farther you will need to hold over /under to hit dead on.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Good point Rocky, I'd better go buy the scope and make sure the holster clears.
    Is it fairly easy to take the scope off? There may be times when I would rather not have one on.
    I greatly appreciate the input

Lead Moderator
    typically the scope is mounted with thumb screw or similar, so removal is simple. Just look at the base/ rings when buying a scope.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links