TerraLUX TLE-6EX 3-6C or D maglite LED.

This is a discussion on TerraLUX TLE-6EX 3-6C or D maglite LED. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my CREE LED upgraded yesterday. It seems slightly brighter in the hot spot and a lot better spill compared to my Maglite luxeon ...

I received my CREE LED upgraded yesterday. It seems slightly brighter in the hot spot and a lot better spill compared to my Maglite luxeon 3. I need to see if i can find an orange peel reflector if i can get CandlePowerForums to register me.

I put some ox-Gard I got from manards on the threads to improve heat-sinking and conduction. Its spouse to improve conductivity and reduce oxidation of aluminum. Being electrically conductive it should conduct heat as well.

I tested it with mt 4c maglite but wounder is a 6 cell would be any brighter. Accupower has some really high capacity NiMh batteries I'd like to try also. C= 6000 mah D= 11500 mah.

Lamp link:
    http://www.ledsupply.com/tle6ex.php

Batteries link:
    http://www.accupower-usa.com/

ox gard link:
    http://www.olypen.com/craigh/oxgard.htm
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Whoa! my Fenix L2D CE came in the mail. Its much better then the Mag LED AA's. Now to wait for nightfall and see how it dose against me new mag light and surefire G2Z. I need to find a way to put some of those index rings on the Fenix.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

I'm hoping my TLE-6EX will be waiting at home for me. :) According the the guy at Battery Junction, 6 cells will be slightly brighter but much much more runtime. I have a 3D cell MagLED that I'll pit mine up against and see what happens. I have a 2 C cell MagLite that I've converted to use two Li-ion rechargable 18500's so it putting out 8.4 volts. The TLE-6EX is rated for up to 9 volts so I think this will easily turn into one of my most used flashlights. We'll have to see though. :)

The Fenix L2D CE is an awesome flashlight. Totally blows the 2AA MagLED out of the water. Its makes a great light for around the camp. :)
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Well, mine didn't come today. Hopefully tomorrow. :) I'm quite excited about it. I also recently sent my HDS EDC U60 sent off for a Seoul SSC P4 upgrade. 120 lumens here I come. :D
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

My Fenix L2D CE is about as good as my surefire G2Z(120 lamp). Slightly less cone on the hot spot but the light is Whiter then the yellow 120 lumen lamp. I didn't know how yellow it was until this flash light.

The TLE-6EX in a 4 C-cell mag-lite edges out the fenix as the most powerful light I currently own. Oh and the flash mode on the fenix would be excellent for disorienting a BG.

Ok I got confirmation this morning that it showed up at our local Post Office today so I should get it when the mail comes. :)
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Any idea where to get an orange peel reflector for the mag lights?

Bought a cheapo Dorcy $20 today. 3AAA's, 45 lumens. Bright as hell in the daylight, bought it as my nightly walk light.

Can't wait to be able to buy a nice Surefire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Any idea where to get an orange peel reflector for the mag lights?
    You can't. They ones that are out are custom made and are for smaller bulbs. Your best (and cheapest) bet would be to take some type of clear acrylic spray and sputter the reflector. I did that to one of mine and it turned out really well. After playing with my LED dropin though, I don't mind it at all with the stock reflector.

Edit, Oh yeah, btw, this is not a cree. Its a Seoul SSC P4 LED. Its based on the Cree die but made by a different company. I actually prefer my SSC lights to my Cree light. The SSC seams to be just a bit nicer to me.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I have a Dual Function Removable Cam medium Orange peel reflector on order from fivemega on CPF. Cost $32.50 shipped but is worth it from the quality standpoint. I will have to tap the hole out to fit the LED. I gives a real nice spill beam. It turns out that the 4cell is the highest output. Lucky me.

ARRG! Gene43 at CPF came out with a 240 Lumen Drop-in for 2 and 3 C/Ds for $65. And says he will later make drop-ins for 4 and 5 C/D's BTW anyone see 5 and 6 C-cell mag-lite lately I can't find them now.

I got my Dual function Medium Orange peel aluminum reflector in the mail yesterday and bored it out to accept the TLE-6EX. It was worth every penny ($32.50 shipped). It really smoothes out the beam and increases the spill to a useful range.

Its dual function so I can unscrew the gamble off the back and use It with (CPF) geen43's soon to come 240 lumen 4-5 cell drop-ins. I'll use the Terrilux for extended time and the new drop-in for high output.

240 lumen led website:
    http://www.malkoffdevices.com/

Links