Want New Range Bag!!!

This is a discussion on Want New Range Bag!!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; plan on getting a new one myself and think i will go Ishot too... I need one like guy at the range has he carrys ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want New Range Bag!!!

plan on getting a new one myself and think i will go Ishot too... I need one like guy at the range has he carrys so much stuff its like a bag the airling people use with its own cart and wheels

2. Remove Ads

Ram, can you do up a review on this bag as you already have it. I will add to your review when I get mine. I was quoted 2-5 days to have my bag.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Plastic toolbox purchased for $8.99 at wally world... Holds cleaning supplies, muffs, a towel, a few screwdrivers, pliers, extra 10/22 mags, and a few other odds and ends. Someone mentioned a box of hand wipes, that'll probably get added before the next range trip. Good idea, thanx!

Ammo is in an ammo can, guns are in cases or holsters.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar

Shooting Hand Cleaner Tip

The last comment reminded me to share this info:

Here's a tip for hand cleaning when out at the range:

- Buy Moist Wipes (or similar) at places like BJ's, Costco's or Sam's Club. I bought a box of 720 wipes (there are in small, sealed packs inside big box) for ~$13 at Sam's Club where they have diapers and other baby supplies.
    - If they are good enough for a baby's posterior, they have to be good enough to at least clean some of the lead and residue off our hands until we can hit a sink with soap.

A more expensive solution, but still reasonably priced, is something like D-Wipe Towels by Escatech, Inc., sold by Brownells (P/N 100-002-192) at $4.45/40 towels. [NOTE: Price is $3.56 if you get the C&R FFL or LE discount.]

Apachon i will try to do my best since I'm at my office at work and not at home looking at my bag.Here goes nothing. I purchased the Tournament bag because my other bag quickly got full.You will not have to worry about the bag standing on its own. I got the green and black 2-tone look,why because it looks good, its different, and i can pick my bag out from all the other "black" bags. When you open the bag you will notice the interior is roomy and you have compartments so if you do like me, my ammo{say 4 boxes}is in the middle,then i use the spaces on either side of my ammo for things like holsters,mag holder,my peltor ear muffs,etc.etc.Then you have on both ends of the interior{not talking about the outside yet}pockets that will hold things like can of gun scrubber,or whatever you want to put there.Now get this,still on the inside you will have 2 zippered gun rugs that are made into the bag plus they will throw in a gun rug that is removable and padded.Now here something else, the middle of this bag will lift out so if you wanted to carry it instead of the whole bag you can.On the outside you have a part of the bag that when unzipped is where you can put 8 magazines. I also use this area to put a flat,plastic container that i got at a Bass Pro Shop that holds cleaning material,extra batteries,gun parts,etc.etc. Then on the ends of the bag you have "padded,zippered" compartment that will hold Pac timer,glasses or whatever you wanted to put in there.There is also bottle holder and a Brass/Hull soft bag that comes with this bag also. I'm sure i missed some things but i belive once you get your bag you will be glad you went this route.

ramtough, thanks for the info, I am psyched to get mine.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

I'm pretty happy with my ishot rtournament bag.

www.ishot-inc.com

Lead Moderator
    just got in a large Wolf performance bag from CTD. For $50 it is really nice. Sorry no pics, already delivered it to my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    My wife bought me the Galati Super Range Bag, a four gun bag...
    I just got the same bag (due primarily to your review and the very nice cost). Ah, yup, it's a big one- which is what I wanted.

Dumb question (This is my 1st REAL range bag)- where are you suppposed to put your guns? Someone told me they go in the side pocket that has the divider? Someone said inside. What is the "correct" place for them? I realize that in the realm of things, it's irrelevant, but I thought I'd ask. I put them in the side pocket in the gun bags that I have, but they seem too big. Are there actual pistol bags for this setup? Also, any suggestions for a good place to store speedloaders?

Wow, I feel like an idiot asking such stupid questions...
    Ex-MA Hole on THR and TFL, too.

Try WALLER & Sons. Don't have a link.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-MA Hole
    I just got the same bag (due primarily to your review and the very nice cost). Ah, yup, it's a big one- which is what I wanted.

Dumb question (This is my 1st REAL range bag)- where are you suppposed to put your guns? Someone told me they go in the side pocket that has the divider? Someone said inside. What is the "correct" place for them? I realize that in the realm of things, it's irrelevant, but I thought I'd ask. I put them in the side pocket in the gun bags that I have, but they seem too big. Are there actual pistol bags for this setup? Also, any suggestions for a good place to store speedloaders?

Wow, I feel like an idiot asking such stupid questions...
    Well, they are supposed to be stored in the side pockets but I sorta didn't like that setup so I placed the inside dividers (with the velcro) across the bag just the width of my guns. I put the guns in upside down, alternating the direction the barrel points. If you place them in the middle in that manner you can put ammo and the rest of your gear on each end to even out the load and keep all of your spare mags in the side pockets. At least that's how I set mine up. I like the idea of the guns being isolated in the middle and easily accessible.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

That's close to how I setup last time- it seemed to work, just wasn't sure if there was a "better" way. I keep mine in one of those $15 triangular bags. I put them all in upside done, but going the same way. Then I was able to put a smaller one at the "barrel end".

The outside pockets didn't seem like they would protect them enough, but I wasn't sure if that was the reality, or the voices in my head!

Also, any idea on how to get the zipper a tad easier/looser? Mine (due to being new, I presume) tends to stick, especially when trying to make the corner to come over the top. Any, ideas?

Thanks!!!
    Ex-MA Hole on THR and TFL, too.

DC Founder
    Teflon spray or maybe some bar soap run along the zipper....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    I have the S&W Magnum range bag. It does the job well for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links