Bug-out Bags - Page 2

Bug-out Bags

This is a discussion on Bug-out Bags within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So many talk about a B.O.B. ...a Bug Out Bag...but to go where? I can only imagine a desperate situation where an entire population or ...

View Poll Results: Where is your Bug-Out Bag?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • At home

22 30.56%
  • In the Vehicle

12 16.67%
  • On my person

8 11.11%
  • One at home, and one in the vehicle

19 26.39%
  • One at home, one in the vehicle, one on my person

6 8.33%
  • None of the above. I am completely unprepared for disaster.

15 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug-out Bags

So many talk about a B.O.B. ...a Bug Out Bag...but to go where? I can only imagine a desperate situation where an entire population or area would HAVE to move, but what a nightmare, a gridlock for sure. -retsupt99
    Yeah, for most people a move in case of serious disaster would be impossible, because they don't have any place to go. Luckily for me, I have a lot of relatives in a small town that is 2.5 hrs from any major city, and while it would be difficult to get there through the gridlock, it would be a good place to start over. One of my relatives there lives on over 300 acres, and I know if it was TEOTWAWKI, we could make a new start there.

A lot of people think that a major disaster on that scale is ridiculous, loooonatic fringe talk, but think back through history... We live in incredibly peaceful times, even considering the War on Terror - but even this War on Terror is one of the easiest wars we've been through in a long time. Only 3000 troops killed, and a prospering economy? What kind of war is that? We are lucky to have such an incredible military and strong economy.

Like most people, I highly doubt a major disaster requiring me to flee the city and move out to the country will ever take place. But, we must remember that throughout history such disasters were very commonplace. Considering history, true lunacy is to think that disaster will never touch us.

Senior Moderator
    Bugging in is our primary option, it is where all of our stuff is. The BOB is for evacuation ie train wreck chemical spill etc.... or in case we are stranded in our vehicle while traveling.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I have emergency kit in car, and at home as well as packs with clothes and other items. I also wear a vest with multiple pockets with various survival items in it. Reality is that when you need survival things you are usually not close to your survival kit or BOB, this is where the vest comes in. I have in my vest my BUG, spare mags, small med kit, pens, paper, Lighter, Matches, Wallet with money, check book. All the pre planning is good but you should also be ready for that moment that the wall comes down and you are left stranded.

VIP Member
    Main BOB at home, small one in vehicle, and I suppose my purse qualifies as a semi-BOB, too.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Bug Out Bag

I KEEP A GUN LIKE A ASHTRAY. ONE IN EVERY ROOM, AND THEY ARE ALWAYS FULL.

I've already bugged. In case of disaster, I'm already away from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links