Cheap 123 Batteries

This is a discussion on Cheap 123 Batteries within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rocky I have used rechargable 123 batteries for about a year now with good luck. Where do you get rechargable 123 Bats ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap 123 Batteries

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I have used rechargable 123 batteries for about a year now with good luck.
    Where do you get rechargable 123 Bats @?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

You have to be very carefull with rechargable li-ion batteries. They are considered 3.6 volts. Hot off the charger they are 4.2 volts. You can't just put two rechargable batteries in a light designed for two CR123's. (some lights can handle but not all) There are other options though. For instance, a Surefire L4 or E2L can take one 17670 li-ion battery and run in regulation just fine. Also, you have to have protected Li-ion batteries less they over discharge or over charge. This becomes a big consern as they will vent very violently. Check out www.lighthound.com for all your rechargable needs.

There are some other neat tricks as well. Such as light that run off of 3 CR123'S. You can run them off of two 17500's and it will run as if it where on the three CR123's. I have a 2C cell Maglight that I had converted to run off of 3 CR123's and a 6 cell MagNum Star bulb. (puts out about 120-150 lumens) I then got two 18500's and a charger. It quickly became my favorite light. Then I got an LED module for a 6 cell light and it is just as bright but runs twice as long. :) Lots of options with rechargables but do be careful.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Well when my batteries get low, I reach into my stock of Surefire batteries, which are much cheaper than getting them at Wallyworld. I would prefer to get them from the agency, but it seems their box's are always empty.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

www.batteryjunction.com
    $0.97/ea. in qty. 50 (Tenergy, well rated on high-current discharge on CandlepowerForums)
    Enter coupon code cpf2006 for 10% off

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    The only cheapies that I use are from http://www.amondotech.com .

These are a good quality battery (titanium).

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Botach Tactical has amazing deals on all kinds of tactical equipment.

I buy all my batteries there (20/pk Sanyo cr123 lithiums for under $20) - you want Energizer e's? same price 20/pk for under $20 - Ultralast cr123 50/pk for under $40 and several other brands including Rayovac.

If you get on their email list, they will have sales on the litium batteries a couple times a year for cheaper than that.

Visit their website and you can spend hours searching all they have. They are a GSA supplier as well. I have found that if you find something you want some place... ALWAYS check Botach to make sure they haven't got it for way less.

Main website: http://www.botachtactical.com/

Battery Page: http://www.botac.com/batteries.html
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Wotblake...

Those are great!

I have two of them. One is just like yours and holds 20 some odd batteries,

The other one is cut out to store my Insight Tech. M3 Tac light, two spare lamps and 5 spare batteries.

And then I have a round one made by Surefire that holds a spare Surefire lamp in the middle surrounded by 6 spare batteries around the lamp. It is made from a heavy resin plastic that is "O" ring sealed and waterproof. I keep that one in my car.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I didn't know those things could be had so cheap. I got a little light from Brinkman with a Xenon bulb that runs off 2 Cr123's. The thing is bright, but for some reason it burns thru those bulbs in about 1.5 months, even with little of no use. A 2 pack of batteries at WallyWorld is $10 !!!!
    I gotta order bulk packs of these things ya'll are talking about.

Though I wonder why the light eats those batteries like that. Maybe it has a short or drain somewhere? But I have 2 of them that act the same way. I have also found that those CR123's DO NOT like being left in the cold. During the winter here in Lousyana, I lost the batteries overnight on one because I left it in the car. And I had just bought them.
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

These are the best I found for my Gladius. They are highly recommended and cheap:

http://www.batterystation.com/cr123a.htm

1.50 each

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaetos View Post
    I didn't know those things could be had so cheap. I got a little light from Brinkman with a Xenon bulb that runs off 2 Cr123's. The thing is bright, but for some reason it burns thru those bulbs in about 1.5 months, even with little of no use. A 2 pack of batteries at WallyWorld is $10 !!!!
    I gotta order bulk packs of these things ya'll are talking about.

Though I wonder why the light eats those batteries like that. Maybe it has a short or drain somewhere? But I have 2 of them that act the same way. I have also found that those CR123's DO NOT like being left in the cold. During the winter here in Lousyana, I lost the batteries overnight on one because I left it in the car. And I had just bought them.
    Lithium batteries are MORE cold-tolerant than alkalines. I've used lithiums to run outdoor sensors and thermometers in New Hampshire during the winter. There is no characteristic of a lithium cell that should cause it to fail in a mild Louisiana winter. You may have gotten either a bad cell or cells, or if it's the same Brinkmann light I'm thinking of, the tailcap got bumped and the light just drained the cells. 1 hour of runtime is normal for that light - if you need the same light output but more runtime, get a new LED light - CREE or Seoul LED's preferred! I have a Fenix P3D-CE myself, and I LOVE IT!

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=24523

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links