New Insight X2 Laser/light.

This is a discussion on New Insight X2 Laser/light. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just arrived today, bought it for $160 which is a good price locally. Consists of a light and laser suitable for subcompacts, I have attached ...

Thread: New Insight X2 Laser/light.

Just arrived today, bought it for $160 which is a good price locally.
    Consists of a light and laser suitable for subcompacts, I have attached it to my XD9 SC, adds no weight so does not effect the excellent balance the gun has when loaded with an extended magazine.

Have not been to the range yet, and probably won't for a few days as I have sliced a piece out of my trigger finger, I can use it but it leaks if I work it too much.

I did however test the laser off the gun in the very strong TN sunshine this afternoon, the dot was visible on a tree at a distance of over 15 yds in daylight. I have tested it indoors this evening and it is absolutely ideal. The XD will now have pride of place on my bedside table. I have sighted it in without firing by using the irons and then tapping the laser on, it is near enough for home defense and will be fully calibrated at the range as soon as I can do that.

An added bonus that comes with buying the X2 is that it fits subs and full size guns, that obviously happen the other way around.
    Attached Images

Dude, use a bandaid... no point in getting blood on the finish of your Pistola... (just some medic humor)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Hmm... slide release and takedown lever on the "right" side of the XD... reversed markings on the light... someone takes pictures in the mirror, or had some fun photochopping.

Looks good, I'd love to get one for HD use. Let us know how it holds up!

I took the pics with my Mac, it reversed them but I left them that way.

It shoots great.
    I've been to the range with it twice, first time it stopped working after a handful of shots, I was perplexed and thought it had broken due to the recoil or something.
    No, it had just ran out of battery power as I had been playing with it constantly.
    Got some batteries and went back. This time it was great, I use a range that has programmed targets, they move back and forth and turn, I shot a few boxes of ammo just using the dot, no sights, I was getting more shots in than I normally did, I was getting a double-tap and a head shot before it spun side on again.
    It was almost too easy.
    The X2 and XD now live beside my bed while I sleep. I still need to get a holster for the X2, I have 3 XD holsters but none for the laser too.

Links