Range bag?

This is a discussion on Range bag? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BikerRN I have one of the free S&W Range Bags that they were giving away with the purchase of a new firearm. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range bag?

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I have one of the free S&W Range Bags that they were giving away with the purchase of a new firearm.

It works well for me and replaces a twenty year old small "duffel" type gym bag that had only one large compartment.

Biker
    They're still giving them away, till the end of June. FYI.

I'll be ordering mine here in a minute... :)

2. Remove Ads

I bought the Midway range bag, had it on special for $30, came today, its great.Lots of pockets, pouches,& room for lots of stuff, very good quality. I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by sass20485; May 5th, 2007 at 08:21 PM.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I've got a bag from WM.

My money goes into the hardware.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I bought the Midway range bag, had it on special for $30, came today, its great.
    I've been working too much and didn't notice the sale, and have now missed it. Drat!

VIP Member
    Don't just think range bag if, like you say, carry a lot of stuff. Some of the best solutions I have seen come from Home Depot or Wallmart... (I know , The Horror!). Wheeled tool cases and tool bags can carry lots of stuff confortably. Here is an example, a buddy of mine's rifle range bag ou to a Husky tool bag bought at Home Depot:

There is a Stanly wheeled polastioc tool box I've seen at WallyWorld that I am planning on buying and modifying for range use.

And then again another buddy of mine uses a 5 gallon bucket as range bag.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

If you are looking for a small but compact and good looking bag, I actually got one from LL Bean believe it or not, great strap and has a fair amount of room for your pistol and 500 rounds and your cleaning kit and clips.

I just bought this one from Andean, Inc. Haven't had it long enough to attest to durability, but seems like a quality item. If you like to carry a bunch of stuff, the “heavy load” snap buckles are nice. Below is information taken from Shooter's Ridge web site:
    + Rugged 1200 Denier with PVC coating for rain and weather protection
    + Molded “extra comfort” handle
    + Secure “heavy load” snap buckle
    + Four external zippered storage compartments
    + Padded non-slip shoulder strap
    + Large 18” x 8” x 12” main compartment
    + Floating dividers for flexable storage
    Andean is also a pretty good source for magazines, sights, etc., in case you need something else at the same time.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Greetings all. Been lurking for awhile, now looking for some advice.

I'm looking for suggestions on a decent range bag. Most of my shooting will be handgun (USP9, G22 currently... adding a USP45/USPc357/P3AT soon), with some small quantity of shotgun (Rem870 Police Mag) and rifle (AR15) shooting. I'm seriously considering the 5.11 Tactical range bag but am open to other suggestions.

I would prefer heavy nylon, something that will wear a long time, fairly spacious, etc. The pull-out ammo carrier and brass bag of the 5.11 are bonuses.

What say you?
    +1 on the 5.11 Range Ready.

I have been using one for over a year. I shoot at least 3x/wk and drag it to matches at least once/mo. It has hardly been babied and is always carrying at least 30# worth of pistols, ammo, staple gun, ears, eyes, water... It still looks good and all aspects are intact.

For a full size range bag, I don't think you can beat it. It is rebranded.

For a medium sized bag, I dont think anything competes with the Competitive Edge Dynamics Professional, which has monstrous zippers and is extraordinally well made and executed.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

A friend of mine has the red CED and loves it... just a little too small for my tastes.

PP, thanks a bunch for the pix and the confirmation on the rebranding. I'm going to buy the Midway version of that bag for $60 (cause my dumb *** missed the $30 sale - d'oh!) and save the $40 off the 5.11.

tvsjr,

If you are not in a big hurry you might wait and see if Midway puts it back on sale. It has been on sale December, March, and April that I know of for sure so it might be back on sale in a month or two. Midway is pretty famous for running certain items on sale at regular intervals. Just FYI!

Vaya con Dios,

Larrupin'

Range bag is back on sale!

The Midway range is back on sale and in stock, just FYI

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=259680

Hope that is helpful!

Larrupin

That's the bag I bought for $30 from Midway and it looks EXACTLY like the one in the earlier photos.

me
    Dad has informed me that my new S&W free range bag is at home waiting for me at home.... I will be there in a little over a week.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I bought a Bagmaster Large 4 gun range bag and it is really nice. Paid $109 from the local gun range which was cheaper, IIRC, than buying it on line. Had a Shooter's Connection Bag and returned it as I thought the logo looked cheap ( and the bag was not) and there were way too many pckets for me. I like just large spaces so that I can remember where I put things. Own an expensive TUMI briefcase and hate it for the same reason.

TOm

Hey, Miggy, somehow missed this post...tell your bud his rifle bag his Husky bag is great. I looked at some tool bags this weekend, and all the pouches were too big for me (pistol magazines). Not looking to replace my I-shot, just curious. Please post a pic of your modified box when you can. I looked at several of those, too. I like to see when people adapt stuff to work like that. Sometimes, the "adapted" versions work out better than the off-the-shelf.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links