Blue Line Leather?

Blue Line Leather?

This is a discussion on Blue Line Leather? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; about two weeks ago i used the "holster Sources" link (very nice by the way) and saw what i liked at Blue line leather. i ...

Thread: Blue Line Leather?

Blue Line Leather?

about two weeks ago i used the "holster Sources" link (very nice by the way) and saw what i liked at Blue line leather. i paid for it via paypal so the money has been spent but i never got any confirmation from him (am i correct that it's a one man project?) i sent additional e-mails and never got a response either. ...am i going to get my holster? . just wondering if anyone here has dealt with blue line before and what their experiences were.
    What's this button do?

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I bought a holster from him a few years ago and it was OK for the price but I had a hell of a time communicating with him and he was way behind with delivery. He is a cop in Northern Florida somewhere in the panhandle. Hopefully his business practices have changed. I might buy again if they have.

...i am not sure they have changed at all......i placed an order numerous weeks ago.....paid via paypal, no confirmation.....after i recieved a holster from another maker that was ordered at the same time,i emailed at least twice before being told my order was going to be started soon.....another email or two later, after waiting on a tracking number, i was told it would leave on monday....that was TWO mondays ago....iwas emailed it was shipped this monday...and its thursday...no holster yet ...perhaps it went pony express..oh yeah..no tracking number....oh well.....i just hope it is servicable....

bob

thanks guys. i guess it's no surprise considering it's a one man operation. it seems he's on the level but maybe a little overwhelmed since he does it all himself. taking it all in consideration, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. - black sheep, let me know when/if you get yours and the details. - torrejon 224, if can you give me more results on your opinion of the holster, that would be cool.
    What's this button do?

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Downrange, I bought the "Corporal Punishment" paddle rig for My P99 and P99c. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 7 for construction and finish and a 4 for fit. Although it fits both these guns it also fits every other S&W semi I have including my 10mms so to me thats not a good job of making a holster for a specific gun. There is really no blocking or detailing kind of like a Bianchi or Safariland which are the closest makers I could compare it to. The paddle is fine and it does a good jon of hiding the gun but custom leather it was not. Just a decent looking basic gun holder that would probably fit a wide variety of guns.

Administrator

Post Here Is What Is Posted On His Site

Just FYI

Most orders are completed within 4-6 weeks after I receive payment.

Because I make each item to order, the waiting time may be
    longer.

If you need an item by a specific date, let me know so I can plan accordingly.

I always make every effort to notify the buyer about delays and
    keep them up to date on the status of the order.

If you are waiting on an order and have any questions, please contact me.

Please be aware that, in addition to my full-time
    work schedule, I am involved in several outside
    activities, and I am working on a graduate
    degree as well.

I may fall behind from time to
    time.

If you have placed an order with me,
    please feel free to e-mail me, and I will refund
    your money if you can't wait any longer.

I apologize for any abnormal delay in orders.

Be aware that custom handmade work is not for
    the impatient.

If you need an order by a specific
    date, I need to know.

If you are unable to wait,
    or have reservations about my honesty, please
    consider another holster maker.

I try my best to get every order completed in the quickest time
    possible.

I use no machinery in my work, and all
    work is completed by my hands alone.

I appreciate the opportunity to craft you a
    one-of-a-kind holster, but please know it may
    take more time than ordering a holster from a
    major manufacturer that makes them in bulk.

o.k. guys. again thanks... the wait is fine. quality is worth the wait. i have enough "workable" holsters to hold me over. i just wanted to make sure it went through and i wasn't being ignored. the reassurance does make me feel better. torrejon224, thanks for the details. it leaves less surprises and it still sound good. QK... i did read that, i guess i need that "hug" at the end that a seller lets me know my order sailed on through... you know? all your input is great!
    What's this button do?

it finally arrived......and it is actually a very nice holster......i purchased the "undercover" model , an IWB, and it is quite nice.....the fit on my USPc is outstanding......it is not as detailed as some OWB that i own, namely a FIST, which is incredibly detailed, but all major molding is present, the kind that creates fit, and considering the detail is largely asthetic and this is meant to be worn inside my britches, it is completely sufficient...it is made of heavier leather than alot of makers use, which may explain the lack of intricate detail.....don't get me wrong....this IS a very nicely constructed holster....i am duly impressed with the craftsmanship, and the attention to finishing detail. and the overall quality is rather high, especially considering the low price....35.00......all in all, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend this maker to someone....it is an excellent value,......communication COULD be better.....that said i am GLAD that i didn't cancel my order..
    .... it was worth the wait

b

OK, good stuff blacksheep. I'll be patient. i ordered a left handed (hard to find because of) paddle holster from "gunnersalley" last week. (can't have two many) and got it today. how fast was that? fits almost as good a fobus, which are the tightest fitting (close to body) i have ever tried. my thanks to 'fishfan' for the recommendation.
    What's this button do?

Sponsored Links