Help with boots

This is a discussion on Help with boots within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am starting a police academy May 29th. I need to find a good pair of military style boots. I want a light weight, agile, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with boots

Help with boots

I am starting a police academy May 29th. I need to find a good pair of military style boots. I want a light weight, agile, breathable boot that is fairly water/scuff resistant. I originally wanted the Blackhawk Light Assault Boots. But almost every website I have tried to order from is sold out until mid/late June.

Just incase I can't find these anywhere does anyone have any experience with any good boots that meet my criteria? Anyone know about the Blackhawk Black Ops boots?
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

2. Remove Ads

http://www.rockyboots.com/webapp/wcs...tegoryId=10148

Take a look at Rocky boot's stuff. No experience with their duty stuff, but their work boots have held up to abuse from me. They also supply a large number of boots to the Army
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Lead Moderator
    I like my original swat side zip boots. maybe not quite sneaker weight , but not all that heavy.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

You need to get your boots ASAP, so you break them in right before you start the academy.

Try out some Bates Lites, they feel weightless (good for running with boots).

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I keep falling back into Magnums. For me they are even more comfortable than my Danners and Matterhorns. Now Blackhawks new boots have a good reputation but I've never tested them.

If your willing to spend the money, the most comfortable boots I EVER wore on patrol, was Oakley SWAT boots. But they also cost twice or three times as much as my Magnums do. Oh by the way, Oakley offers a pretty hefty discount to officers, all you have to do is call them for the catalog, Adidas does to and they make a decent tac boot.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Lead Moderator
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/maphv8tabocl.html

look here, some good bargains ,if you can find your size
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

BELLEVILLE! The only boots approved by the U.S. Navy for flight deck use as well as pilot approved. Plus I'd spend 20 hours a day on my feet working the flight deck and still have them feel ok. I've been out a year now and still have mine. The price is worth it....I promise
    God Bless America!!

Administrator
    I have gone through more boots trying to find the right one... I have three different ones I uses for duty.
    My everyday boot is the Rocy Chukka, Then I have the Danners and another Rocky side zippers for the O/T missions. If I had to choose one brand, it would be Danner.
    Heres my advice... Do wear something that is protective and gives you pleny of support. Boots are not the area you buy cause they look cool or are cheap. Buy a boot that fits and is a good quality. Take care of your feet, they will take care of you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm currently wearing 5.11 Tactical's ATAC Shield boot... side-zip, plenty tall, composite toe, etc. So far, they're working out nicely.

VIP Member
    My only experience with the Oakleys is in the desert configuration, but they were light, comfortable, durable, and well made. The problem with Magnums (and similar Hi-Tec boots) is that when they get wet, they STAY wet, for a loooooong time. Not much of a problem when you can take them off and dry them at the end of the day, but if you wear them "in the field" (especially in Washington State or Louisianna!) it can make your life miserable.

Good ol' Jungle Boots from a major manufacturer are hard to beat, IMO, though the nylon uppers are a little less "professional" looking than full leather uppers. Bates make some decent boots, too. In the long run, though, I think you may end up going through a few brands/makes before you find the ones that really suit you. Good luck, and take care of them feets!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

For work, I'm wearing a pair of Bates zip-side boots. I liked them enough to buy a second pair for training and range wear. Rocky's are also good.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Administrator
    I don't think the Oakley boots are cool enough for all day in summer.
    Just my opinion.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    I am starting a police academy May 29th. I need to find a good pair of military style boots. I want a light weight, agile, breathable boot that is fairly water/scuff resistant. I originally wanted the Blackhawk Light Assault Boots. But almost every website I have tried to order from is sold out until mid/late June.

Just incase I can't find these anywhere does anyone have any experience with any good boots that meet my criteria? Anyone know about the Blackhawk Black Ops boots?
    I got to tell you the blackhawk boots are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

Well I just got some 5.11 8" ATAC side-zip boots. My mother picked them up in a store in my hometown. I just heard of the store and gave them a call. The sales guy was very helpful and I'll get to try them on this weekend. The blackhawks may be in my future yet.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Rocky Boots!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links