Gun Cabinets - Page 2

Gun Cabinets

This is a discussion on Gun Cabinets within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yea, my friends can be stupid and if they see a gun leaning against a corner in my closet, they might pretend there Wyatt Earp. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Cabinets

Yea, my friends can be stupid and if they see a gun leaning against a corner in my closet, they might pretend there Wyatt Earp. Who knows what people are thinking.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    I guess its not weight so much, but I don't know about dragging a 500 pound safe up the stairs, and paying for 200 bucks worth of shipping to get it dropped off curbside.
    I use a StackOn cabinet. They can be bolted to walls or floors and should keep children and casual thieves at bay.

http://www.stack-on.com/securityplus...ity/index.html

For a "real" safe the cheapest you can probably go is almost $400
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Hi there! I apologize for hijacking this thread...but with the talk of safes and cabinets...I have a question:

Understanding that some sort of moisture-absorbing product should be used wherever you store your guns, would an all-metal "cabinet" attract/deter moisture any more or less than a carpeted "safe?"

Again...this seemed like a fitting place to ask the question....but my apologies if it is out of place. :)

--Dan

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGlock23 View Post
    Hi there! I apologize for hijacking this thread...but with the talk of safes and cabinets...I have a question:

Understanding that some sort of moisture-absorbing product should be used wherever you store your guns, would an all-metal "cabinet" attract/deter moisture any more or less than a carpeted "safe?"

Again...this seemed like a fitting place to ask the question....but my apologies if it is out of place. :)

--Dan
    Get some Golden Rods regardless of the use of carpet or not.

Guns have two enemies, politicians and rust.

Those cheap metal cabinets work. They not fancy and they don't do any fire protection... but they will keep a fairly secure situation for most stash and dash theft attempts. Of course given time and if not concerned with noise they can be breached. Here is one that the Meth heads spent three hours on before they finaly got into it (only to find it empty). This was in my garage at my place up in the foothills. They used crowbars and sledge hammers. Even got worried they were making so much noise they sent a lookout up the road. 1/2 mile to nearest neighbor.

Do bolt them down though. real good.

Eventualy they got the rivets to seperate from the hinge. One lock gave way but the other held. Pretty dam good job I thought. They got caught. Which is how I know the story. They paying me restitution for that...

This was a Walmart Homak or some such.

I just went ahead and got a safe this time. Fire resistant bigger one. Not a real huge one. 16 gun. Going to do it with a golden rod and perhaps some desicant as well. Needed a safe for some paper stuff too so made sense.
    Last edited by cphilip; May 15th, 2007 at 12:31 AM.

Hmm, those meth heads certainly do like taking things apart don't they?

heh... if they would spend more time working its no telling what they could accomplish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links